New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by zires
Joined Feb 2013
117 Posts
Help!
V911 Whirlpool

So my V911 has been in the garage for almost a year as it leans forward upon binding with my TX and then crashes. Has new props too. Tia.
zires is online now Find More Posts by zires
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:53 AM
Find More Posts by Tsheets
United States, NV, Gardnerville
Joined Feb 2015
242 Posts
Are you saying it spins and crashes or goes forward and crashes?

If it's just going forward then you may need to adjust the linkage on the right servo. Making it longer will move the rotor forces back effectively trimming it backwards.

If it swirls that means the flybar swashplate system is too stiff.. I sand all the contact surfaces to a fine polished state. I start with 800 grit sandpaper, then 1,500 and then a 10,000 grit stone. The most important is the tiny knuckle that transfers torque from the swashplate to th flybar. And finally, wake sure the flybar is free. If you tap it pan one the weights while its sitting static it should bounce up and down like a seahorse.
These extra assembly steps don't take long and once you see how the retardation of the flybars gyroscopic forces make the craft go into an increasing swirl rate effectionatly known as the toilet bowl effect or TBE.
Tsheets is online now Find More Posts by Tsheets
Last edited by Tsheets; Apr 21, 2015 at 01:07 AM.