SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2015, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by ggunners
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,778 Posts
I use Windows Notepad to edit the .par file. The best way to figure it out is to open an existing .par file of one of the water landing models and see what points were added. You may have to add a couple of collision points and then rename them for water handling.
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2015, 04:27 AM
Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Joined Aug 2014
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners View Post
I use Windows Notepad to edit the .par file. The best way to figure it out is to open an existing .par file of one of the water landing models and see what points were added. You may have to add a couple of collision points and then rename them for water handling.
Thanks again GG, just before I found your answer I had tried notepad but with no luck....until I remembered the ability to select "all files" in the bottom right corner or just double clicking on the required par file DOH!

I am comparing files on float planes and have already got the Drake II to fly off water by simply copying the Gear par files and renaming them Float
However still a few glitches...it hovers slightly above the water surface and is slightly unstable when just sitting still.Occasinally it can sink part of itself in to the water like its sprung a leak lol. I'll figure it out
I have noticed that the gear or collision point files read quite differently from note pad to the RCDP editor, Guess I'll have to figure that out too lol

Thanks for help GG and back to the modeling
Bryght
Bryghtblade is offline Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Joined Aug 2014
58 Posts
Yay success! took me 2 days to figure out why some planes worked and others didn't,(they have to be "3D", not" basic" on the RCDP editor) but now I have the Water Jackel,Drake II and the Moon Hydro Car all flying off water and many thanks to the great modellers who put them together in the firstplace!. Now all I need to do is figure out how to post the files so others can have fun with them too .......Oh and figure out how to copy over models from FMS to RCDP :P
Bryghtblade is offline Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by FeWolf
United States, NC, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2012
96 Posts
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...k0&usp=sharing

my google drive link to RC Decktop and BMI with addons
FeWolf is offline Find More Posts by FeWolf