HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by skytek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 07:00 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
410 Posts
Discussion
Your favourite and least favourite non-rc communities

Aside from RC, what online (or offline) communities have you found to be the best and the worst?

For me I've always really enjoyed car forums. They are usually made up of really helpful and mostly easy going guys, a bit like with RC communities. On the flip side there's an astronomy forum I was briefly part of that was full of a bunch of the most grumpy old men I've ever encountered online. I once asked if anyone had ever seen anything unusual on the moon and they instantly banned me without even an explanation other than calling me a troll. I found out from another member "they don't tolerate those kinds of questions around here". Then there was a paragliding forum where you were forced to use your full real name and home town as your user id and location and if they suspected your info was not true you got banned.

Some forums are brilliant and others are run like virtual prison camps where the admins take the 'power' way too seriously.
skytek is offline Find More Posts by skytek
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:12 PM
granada hills. Ca
Joined Nov 2004
584 Posts
Here's two that I like:
www.subaruforester.org Name's pretty self-explanatory. Great place to go if you have any questions about maintenance, etc. Really friendly and helpful, and no-one has that holier-than-thou attitude.

forums.usms.org For retired competitive swimmers (and people who just want to stay in shape). US Master's swimming discussions. Very helpful and encouraging for anyone with swimming-oriented fitness goals.
trident58 is offline Find More Posts by trident58
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,867 Posts
It's Vettes for me......love em!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590