Pinwheel

How do you setup,for a pinwheel? Like the picture? Thanks
Shattered Dreams is offline Find More Posts by Shattered Dreams
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2014, 09:28 AM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Secert

I saw this on xr52 demo flite,maybe you all call it a spin in one place.
Old Nov 04, 2014, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
8fg

How do you program the ailerons to act like flaps?I have T8FG Futaba.I an deaf so I can not talk to any one.I have read the manual.Sum help .I have no one in the club that can help me.
Old Nov 04, 2014, 05:12 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,479 Posts
Can't help you with the 8fg - if you ask in the Radios forum you might get help faster (http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/). When you set up ailerons to act as flaps, it's called "Flaperons" - so ask for that. The opposite (ailerons biased up instead of down) is called "spoilerons".

For the pinwheel, not sure what you mean. Can you link to a specific video and note the time in the video when it happens? Then we could tell for sure what you're referring too.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Nov 05, 2014, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
Can't help you with the 8fg - if you ask in the Radios forum you might get help faster (http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/). When you set up ailerons to act as flaps, it's called "Flaperons" - so ask for that. The opposite (ailerons biased up instead of down) is called "spoilerons".

For the pinwheel, not sure what you mean. Can you link to a specific video and note the time in the video when it happens? Then we could tell for sure what you're referring too.
When he stops the airplane in level flite,and the airplane stays in the same spot and gos round and round and round.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 11:01 AM
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Dreams View Post
When he stops the airplane in level flite,and the airplane stays in the same spot and gos round and round and round.
OK, still not getting what you mean. Please post a link to a video with a time in the video to watch to see what you mean.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 11:20 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
Quote:
How do you program the ailerons to act like flaps?I have T8FG Futaba.
On a 7C you have to run dual ailerons and activate the elevator/flap mix. I'm not sure how to do it on your radio, but I gotta believe it's similar since they are both Futaba.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Nov 05, 2014, 03:27 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Video

Quote:
OK, still not getting what you mean. Please post a link to a video with a time in the video to watch to see what you mean.
Go toPrecision Aerobatics.com and watch theXR-52 video.He does it side ways to.That is to me cool.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 03:44 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Doc Austin

Thank you for the info,but I do not see it in the book.Sum pictures you can look at.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 04:22 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Go toPrecision Aerobatics.com and watch theXR-52 video.He does it side ways to.That is to me cool.
So, I assume you mean this video?
PA Spotlight XR52 by Precision Aerobatics: (4 min 3 sec)

I'm still not sure what you're referring to in there. Notice that when your mouse is over the bottom part a little box pops up to tell you how many minutes:seconds into the video you are. What does it say at the point where he does the maneuver you're referring to?
Old Nov 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
681 Posts
The move I've always referred to as a pinwheel is like a pop-top on a horizontal line rather than at the top of an up line. To do it I enter a tumble(left aileron for half roll, then add left rudder and down elevator), then give right aileron to flatten it out into a pinwheel after it's made one rotation. It's similar inputs as when you blend a KE spin into an inverted flat spin, you've just gotta do it all pretty fast. Timing is key. Here's an example at about the 2:00 minute mark.

Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540 - Dune Flight (5 min 20 sec)
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:04 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Flying

Quote:
http://vimeo.com/109670752

I'm still not sure what you're referring to in there. Notice that when your mouse is over the bottom part a little box pops up to tell you how many minutes:seconds into the video you are. What does it say at the point where he does the maneuver you're referring to?
The one next to it,first flite 1.8 into his flite.
Last edited by Shattered Dreams; Nov 05, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:12 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
The move I've always referred to as a pinwheel is like a pop-top on a horizontal line rather than at the top of an up line. To do it I enter a tumble(left aileron for half roll, then add left rudder and down elevator), then give right aileron to flatten it out into a pinwheel after it's made one rotation. It's similar inputs as when you blend a KE spin into an inverted flat spin, you've just gotta do it all pretty fast. Timing is key. Here's an example at about the 2:00 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/AkJCTUukd-s
Very nice flying,but that's not it.Thank you
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Feb 2014
98 Posts
Yes

Quote:
http://vimeo.com/109670752

The one on the left.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:41 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,479 Posts
Dude, you're going to have to learn how to copy and paste video links :-)

Is this the video you mean?
PA XR 52 Quick Look First Flight by Michael Wargo (5 min 41 sec)

When you say 1.8, do you mean 1:08?

Right at 1:08 is a snap roll, viewed from an angle that might lead to describing it like you do. After that around 1:15 is a knife edge spin. Followed at around 1:23 by a pop top.