HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:24 PM
Joined Jul 2009
40 Posts
Discussion
Yaw problem on big quadcopter - Naza M V2

Hi,
I have a big quadcopter with 100cm motor to motor. The motors are MT3515-400Kv, Graupner 12''6 props, PLUSH 40A ESC, 2x 6s 5000mAh battery and Naza M V2.

I'm having problems with YAW. Every time I try to change yaw the quadcopter get bad on roll and pitch.

How should I tuning it to solve the problem?

I have a video but I was able to record it after work so there is a little dark :s
Flight Test (0 min 19 sec)
metRo_ is offline Find More Posts by metRo_
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:31 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,319 Posts
Are all your motors lined up straight on the frame,could they be a little off.Any offset or crookedness will result in poor yaw performance and lead to instability.That would be something you couldn't tune out.Hard to see your quad clearly but the props seemed to be at odd angles?Also was the life ring loose and moving around?
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:41 PM
Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2011
512 Posts
Yeah... if setup right it's probably a motor or two not flat.... just fly it a few feet infront and see if they line up.
Torque66 is offline Find More Posts by Torque66
Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:15 PM
Joined Jul 2009
40 Posts
thank you for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Are all your motors lined up straight on the frame,could they be a little off.Any offset or crookedness will result in poor yaw performance and lead to instability.That would be something you couldn't tune out.Hard to see your quad clearly but the props seemed to be at odd angles?Also was the life ring loose and moving around?
The motors looks aligned and I also measure the distance from each motor to center and they are ok. The life ring is fixed and the props aren't above the life ring. I think it is easy to see my setup on the following image:
http://imgur.com/oX0fDyW
Red- life ring
blue-props

Fly it in front, back and to left and right are ok. Only yaw has a bad behavior.
metRo_ is offline Find More Posts by metRo_
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:35 PM
Joined Feb 2014
149 Posts
12 inch propellers on a +1000mm frame?

You seem to be the right kind of crazy.
Now usualy this is like people explained due to uneven motor mounting.
On a frame this size even more important! Get a bubble level and go at it again.
A contributing factor may also be lack of thrust!
Mrimstad is offline Find More Posts by Mrimstad