SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2014, 01:16 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
266 Posts
I agree with all that. However put a 12 magnet bell on the hk12000kv and suddenly its a 6000kv motor. To get back to 9000kv on 12 magnets, needs rewinding, its basically a totally different animal the hp03 from the hk motor. And the esc should always have a higher rating than the motor. It comes down to electrics 101, supply should be higher rated than appliance, otherwise you'll trip a fuse. Or a Mosfet
Hugo Stiglitz is offline Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2014, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,554 Posts
Though I dunno the reason why you'd wanna put a 12 magnet bell on the hk motor since a hp03 would cost less than doing a hk hybrid, but my thoughts on the esc is that it's a compromise running a lighter one vs modding one for max amps since in this case it's for a 1s setup where weight plays a big role in how it flies.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
266 Posts
Joe, the example with the 12 magnet bell was to get my point across as to why the 9000kv motor is actually more power hungry than the 12000kv. Hence the need for a more powerful esc. The HK12000kv sucks about 2 amps, while the Oversky wants double. It has about the same current requirements as an C05S or M5 11000kv motor. You wouldnt run those off of a 3A rated esc would you. Now you gonna say "yeah no I wouldnt thats different because a main motor can have a sustained current draw over a period of seconds or even more during 3D, while a tail will only want max amps for fractions of a second at a time", and thats true.

But youre forgetting something. What if someone puts a 65mm Plantraco on that motor? I guarantee you it will draw 3A while only hovering and start sucking 4-5A during pitch changes. And a 3A esc wont be up to the task.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:05 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Hello guys!
I was away for the weekend, breaking my heli's Spent all afternoon yesterday for repairs...
While I'm still waiting on the Supermicro esc I was hoping you could point me to where I could get the extra fets I will need for double-stacking. I ordered 2x Supermicro esc so I guess one of them is going to be sacrificed as an offer to the HP03 tail motor I got coming, to see if that works. (The second one will probably be destroyed by my double stacking attempt, but that's another story for another post )

Seeing how ppl double stack those escs is a little intimidating, but you know what they say, won't learn how to swim unless you jump in the water.

Is there a source for these “3x N channel and 3x P channel fets” online?
I would appreciate some links, I tried to google them but I'm afraid I will end up ordering the wrong ones without guidance.
homeless is offline Find More Posts by homeless
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,554 Posts
If you do BG here are some links P and N . But if you can get these from Farnell or Digikey locally it'd be much cheaper in multiples. I just use similar parts from other manufacturers coz they're cheaper to get locally.
My advice is to give the esc a try unstacked first and see how hot they get if they just run warm then just go with it.
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclone View Post
I always try to sim out the basics and go learn further on the real things, it's just unfortunate that I can't get more time on the sim so my learning curve is damn slow. Here's a cheap one I got from BG and works great http://www.banggood.com/22-in-1-Real...-p-927182.html

I've the V922 tx but have never tried it on the sim before, there's been previous reports that it dun work too well on the sim coz of the fiddly audio styled jack. I'd try it on the sim later tonight if I get the time and report back how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
Does it work with devo7e or hisky h6? What else do i need to buy? Sorry im as new with sims as it gets.

Just received my sim today. Installed Phoenix and it works flawlessly with the Hisky H6. Just had to swap elev and aile channels, everything else was spot on. I couldnt get it to work with the Devo7e, the sim it simply does not see the tx at all.
The sim is fantastic. Thanks for the tip.

Also received the HP100BL frames and its very ridgid compared to any other mcpx, bl, hcp or v922 frames. Thats very good. But the canopy pins will snap in a crash guaranteed. The whole frame might snap in half actually. Not bulky enough for its sturdyness. I will use the frame, but needs reinforcement of the pins and a frame brace would be even more needed than for the Hcp100 frame.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,554 Posts
Maybe dig on the Deviation forums for some info on getting the 7e to work on the sim, but make sure you've the output on PPM.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
266 Posts
Nah the h6 is more than good enuff plus i have 2 of them and its easier to change batteries on it. I was actually hoping for the h6 to work so i can use it for the sim and the devo for real flight since i wasnt using the h6's for anything.
I have 2 hours on the sim now and my 3d is still sht. Estimating about a million dollars damage so far on the trex 600 nitro that im flying.

Used to fly on Real Flight 3d on my phone which has good physics but the touchscreen sticks tought me some really bad habits when i go inverted. Will take some time to unlearn that crap.
Old Today, 02:59 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
I started growing a little bored of the sim after a moderate amount of hours.
Everything happens as they should, especially with the bigger models
I learned how to piro-flip using the mcpx model, which flies like crap in Phoenix, deliberately. I was trying to exit a flip or piro-flip without getting the virtual TBOs this model suffers. Great collective management practice, try it

As for the HP100BL frame, so far I have broken one, right at the front skid slot, half or the slot is gone. Quite annoying, but used hot glue to secure the skids as a temporary fix. Strangely no canopy pins broken yet, I have already put clipper braces on my spares, using the Thread &CA method, but the original ones still go strong. I'm considering that on 2s the extra grams could break it easier though.
homeless is offline Find More Posts by homeless
Old Today, 03:31 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
266 Posts
See, thats exactly what I thought, the frame might be fine for 1s, but on 2s things might start breaking. Swapping frames is a 10 min job though no big deal.
The carbon frame brace ive made for the mcpx frame covers about half of the skid mounts so theyre protected, well pretty much makes the frame almost unbreakable, but canopy pins man, those feel brittle.