SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
465 Posts
rimshotcopter - I'm the fellow that finally wound up with one of Gary's early nVader600's with the head lock gyros. For various reasons, I'm just now getting to finish the airframe rebuild and have decided to upgrade the FC to a KK2. Have you a suggestion for firmware to run? Also, Gary's instructions indicate the the CG should be a certain amount ahead of the vertically positioned motor shaft centers - does this have to do with forward flight and the fact that when the motors tip forward they move the CG that way?
Jem3 is offline Find More Posts by Jem3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2013, 08:37 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Well, I understand and have read Gary's documentation. What I have found to be true for ME is, the CG moves as the motor/props rotate and this is why it is very hard to point down. What I do is, with the motor/props Perpendicular (90 Degrees) to the airframe, position the battery until there is about a 5-10 degrees drop on the nose. The copter will hover in this position but will level out in forward flight.

As for firmware, I use the MultiWill but the KK should work and from what I have read, it is much easier to config.

Good Luck.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Oct 08, 2013, 11:33 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
465 Posts
Ahhh... CG - OK. I'll try to work out my understand of why later, and for now it just IS.

On the KK2, I'll try KapteinKuk's V1.6 first, I think. Then as you're following, OpenAero V1.3, when its a little more stable (or I am )

The FC's been shipped, hope it arrives soon!

Thanks,
Jim
Jem3 is offline Find More Posts by Jem3
Last edited by Jem3; Oct 08, 2013 at 11:42 PM.