HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Remove the SFG. Tape a pencil, chop stick, etc., to the middle of the wing tip/along the wing tip's center line. Remove the canopy. The pencil, etc. should be parallel (or in line) to the edge of the fuse (the expose cf tube) where the canopy is placed on.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Last edited by chopper62; Sep 02, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:24 PM
Team Thrasher
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2011
177 Posts
how do u fix it?
3derik is offline Find More Posts by 3derik
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Take a good hold of the wing tip and twist it the opposite way of the warp.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Last edited by chopper62; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:26 PM
Team Thrasher
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2011
177 Posts
okay
3derik is offline Find More Posts by 3derik
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:33 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
About to head out for some fun. Will be getting lots of pics and vids today. But the car is loaded up.

https://www.icloud.com/journal/#4;CA...A-ABC18D5EE560
wow you sure like foam.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:13 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Lol Cale. They travel easy and are easy to fix. Lol. I'm working my way towards a balsa. Hehe.

My edge needed some repair this evening. I got one great flight in on it including a Very very short field landing that was perfect. Lol. Of field of choice this evening had a dirt patch about 4 feet wide by about 8 feet long to land on. Was an iffy choice but the only one for the night. Friend of mine who I've flown with all weekend just wanted to see it fly and give it a try since he is considering buying one. Well he decided he is going to buy one which is awesome since it flies so well. His attempt at the landing tonight ended up 1 foot left and 1 foot short of the runway crunching the landing gear. Sliced back the foam in that area and managed to get it all glued back together with CA and reinforced a little bit more. its actually stronger than it was before.

Such a great flyer. Finally got comfortable with the weight of it on my 2nd flight with it today and really started trying stuff like I try with my other foamies. Amazing KE spins. Just nice and tight. I love this thing can't wait to fly some more with it.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:25 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Just curious, is the velcro holding in the lipo for y'all? Or are you guys using a battery strap too?
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Just curious, is the velcro holding in the lipo for y'all? Or are you guys using a battery strap too?
I have been using just the velcro. The end of my batteries end up just tucked under the wing for balance and I haven't had any issues. Actually did a few real hard tumbling moves tonight with no issue at all. They are a pretty tight fit no matter what in there and I don't see them popping out. If they do I'm pretty sure I destroyed the plane in the process. Hehaha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:58 AM
Yury
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
Just maidened my bird.

3dhs EDGE 40" EPP (4 min 3 sec)
uraplayer is offline Find More Posts by uraplayer
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:08 AM
Yury
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
the pics
uraplayer is offline Find More Posts by uraplayer
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:25 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraplayer View Post
Nice Video
Nice Flying
Nice Music

Saw the big grin
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:21 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
ok, I am about to drop kick mine. I just went flying again in about 7mph winds this time, maybe gusting to 10 and my left aileron input issue was back again! several times left aileron stopped working again or was BARELY working, I could tell it was trying to turn, but very very slowly. sometimes against the wind, sometimes with the wind. I almost crashed it again because of this. I know its not my linkages now, they are plenty loose and in line and right where everyone told me to put them. I dont have a ESC that has 6V capability so I know I am not getting the max torque from these Solar A107 servos. I can only guess I am still getting blowback since it was fine Friday night when it was dead calm out and now today has wind and its doing it again. I also twisted my wing again before flying, I twisted both sides of the wing to really try and get that twist out the best I could and it still took almost 10 clicks of trim to get it level. I am so sick of this right wing dip problem. I emailed 3DHS one more time to see if they will do anything for me, but I dont have my hopes up......

as far as I my left aileron issue, I did get to thinking, it may just seem like its just left aileron and not right because I use left probably 80% of the time. I fly in a counterclockwise circle and when I do rolls, I usually push left aileron to do my rolls, so I may just not be noticing it doing it when I push right aileron because I dont do that very much. one idea. I have swapped servos, loosened all linkages, reset my Rx and Tx, rebound it, tried a different Rx......the only thing i can think of is that my servos just cant handle the blowback. maybe if I could put out 6V they might be able to.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:29 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
wouldnt these servos work just fine in this plane? they sell the XL-9HM and the XL-9HMB. the HMB is 11g vs 10g and puts out even more torque then the HM. The Solar servos I am using now are 11g, so wouldnt these be fine and way better with WAY more torque?

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=239
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
wouldnt these servos work just fine in this plane? they sell the XL-9HM and the XL-9HMB. the HMB is 11g vs 10g and puts out even more torque then the HM. The Solar servos I am using now are 11g, so wouldnt these be fine and way better with WAY more torque?

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=239
I think they were out of stock when this plane first came out so not many people are trying them. I would give them a shot.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:00 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I think they were out of stock when this plane first came out so not many people are trying them. I would give them a shot.
the 9HM's have been out of stock since this plane came out, but the 9HMB's have been in stock and are right now. not sure why no one has tried the HMB's, they are 11g just like the other servos and have a ton of torque. I think I will try them.