Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Love the music on that first video...

SteveT
Hush on my play list. I picture myself flying my 74 like Joe....then I wake up.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:36 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Free shipping on all orders placed October 19-21. Use coupon code "octoberfest" at checkout.

3DHobbyShop.com
I really could have used that a few days ago
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I really could have used that a few days ago
No frowny face....buy something else!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:47 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
No frowny face....buy something else!
I tell you what Rob, you buy mine, and I will buy one with free shipping.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Jim Smith! What can I say...Thanks!!

Is that thing in retro packaging?
Your Welcome
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I tell you what Rob, you buy mine, and I will buy one with free shipping.
is it a 60cc Edge?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
is it a 60cc Edge?
71" Slick. My third one. People keep giving me great cash offers at fly-ins. I can't say no.

....and now I get to go back to a Motrolfly 4325-380.

I'm also trying digital servos this time.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
too cheap to be a Plus user
USA, WA, Richland
Joined Nov 2009
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
Get the 103, its near perfcection, you can throw it around harder than a 40% plane without fear of breaking it also.
Funny, that's what I'm thinking in the back of my mind - air / ground violation with a 40% My wallet is hurting already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
The 103 is just so much fun, very good with a 120. The 119 is a really nice 40%er. I'm more comfortable with the 103 right now but I've got hundreds more flights on the 120cc stuff and I'm kindof new to the really big planes. They feel really similar except the 103 accelerates much faster...better power to weight than the 40%. For slow rollers and lazy harrier...give it to the 119 though....
Thanks. Sounds like the 103 with the power to weight & price advantages is more my speed.

Doug B.
dougbo is online now Find More Posts by dougbo
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
51"/ 59"/ 71" Slicks and the 48" Super Vyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Dang, just got home tonight and went to order the 59" Slick and both colors are now out of stock. How does the 51" compare to the 59". Any major differences in flight characteristers? Might just go ahead and order the 48" Super Viper since it's still on the current F3A sale.
I have the 51", 59", and 71" Slicks. My 48" Super Vyper is scheduled for delivery today from UPS.

The 59" Slick flies more precisely than the 51" Slick. With only ten flights on my 59, I don't have her trimmed and dialed in to the 95% to 100% level yet. Because I am looking for a fully capable 3D machine that is precise, I am happy with the 59" Slick.

But I am looking for a 3D monster that is pattern precise. So, I ordered the 48" Super Vyper. I think I will have a local builder who has a reputation for 100% accuracy assemble/build/construct my SV.

On the last airframe he put together for me he was taking longer than usual to finish the assembly. When I telephoned him to ask about the delay, he explained that the stab was 1mm off from the factory and it was taking some time to rectify the problems. He said that he had measured the tail dimensions over a dozen times after his corrections and he was satisfied with it now. I have confidence that he will have my SV RTF in the best possible way. Obtw, the plane with the construction problem was not a 3DHS airframe.

Bottom line is you'll be happy with the Slicks as all rounders with the 59" Slick being more precise than the 51" Slick. If you want 3D and more precision, the Vypers are ready. If you want pattern precision, fly an Osiris.

Through 3DRCforums.com I received communication from Ben Fisher wherein he explained why the 59" Slick snaps so well. It has to do with the wing tips. After many flights on my 57" Extra 330SC and ten flights on my 59" Slick, the Extra wins in a photo finish. But that is my opinion and I don't have enough flights on the 59" Slick to give objective analysis and comparison to the 57" Extra 330SC.

It's grand that we have so many choices between so many outstanding airframes from 3DHS!

I trust that the general discussion above answers some of your concerns. If you go back a few pages on this thread, you will find more information. Also, you can go to the specific threads for the 59" Slick, 48" Super Vyper, 57" Extra 330SC and other 3DHS planes on RCG. But in reading all that material you'll need to separate the folklore from the facts and the truth.

Happy landings!

"Excellence is the minimum. Perfection is the standard."
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Last edited by Trill; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
I have the 51", 59", and 71" Slicks. My 48" Super Vyper is scheduled for delivery today from UPS.

The 59" Slick flies more precisely than the 51" Slick. With only ten flights on my 59, I don't have her trimmed and dialed in to the 95% to 100% level yet. Because I am looking for a fully capable 3D machine that is precise, I am happy with the 59" Slick.

But I am looking for a 3D monster that is pattern precise. So, I ordered the 48" Super Vyper. I think I will have a local builder who has a reputation for 100% accuracy assemble/build/construct my SV.

On the last airframe he put together for me he was taking longer than usual to finish the assembly. When I telephoned him to ask about the delay, he explained that the stab was 1mm off from the factory and it was taking some time to rectify the problems. He said that he had measured the tail dimensions over a dozen times after his corrections and he was satisfied with it now. I have confidence that he will have my SV RTF in the best possible way. Obtw, the plane with the construction problem was not a 3DHS airframe.

Bottom line is you'll be happy with the Slicks as all rounders with the 59" Slick being more precise than the 51" Slick. If you want 3D and more precision, the Vypers are ready. If you want pattern precision, fly an Osiris.

Through 3DRCforums.com I received communication from Ben Fisher wherein he explained why the 59" Slick snaps so well. It has to do with the wing design. After many flights on my 57" Extra 330SC and ten flights on my 59" Slick, the Extra wins in a photo finish. But that is my opinion and I don't have enough flights on the 59" Slick to give objective analysis and comparison to the 57" Extra 330SC.

It's grand that we have so many choices between so many outstanding airframes from 3DHS!

I trust that the general discussion above answers some of your concerns. If you go back a few pages on this thread, you will find more information. Also, you can go to the specific threads for the 59" Slick, 48" Super Vyper, 57" Extra 330SC and other
3DHS planes on RCG. But in reading all that material you'll need to separate the folklore from the facts and truth.

Happy landings!

"Excellence is the minimum. Perfection is the standard."
The 51" really excels at the violent tumbles, violent snaps, and fantastic low and slow stability! The 59 tracks much better, but you lose a bit of the other characteristics... Both awesome birds, but they are quite different.
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Greetings all...

72" Extra330SC Yellow Wings Needed!!!
Wife ran over my set from the 2 year old V1 Extra 330SC recently converted to use a DLE35R.

What happened:
The wing bag fell off the garage wall (on the passenger side of the wife's car) and she didn't see the bag as she pulled out with the front wheels running over the wing set. She felt really bad but really it was my fault as the bag should have been attached better to the wall.

So now I'm looking for both a right and left wings in Yellow.
3DHS is out of stock and I don't know when they will be coming in...

My hope is there are a couple of wings out there (in one location or two) that could use a new home for a decent price.

If you have (on know someone who does) either or both (L&R) Yellow 72" Extra 330SC wings in good shape and want to sell them, please PM me!!

Thanks in advance,
D-Man
Does anyone know when the next shipment of 72" Extra330SC's will be coming?
And I've sent multiple emails to info@3DHS with the question and received no response.

Anyone?

Thanks,
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
51" Slick and 59" Slick differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
The 51" really excels at the violent tumbles, violent snaps, and fantastic low and slow stability! The 59 tracks much better, but you lose a bit of the other characteristics... Both awesome birds, but they are quite different.
+1

Thanks for a fine summary of the differences between the 51" Slick and the 59" Slick!

I am exploring many different types of RC airplanes now. I suppose that is why I need to assemble my glider that is still NIB!

Will you be at Cane Ridge on 20 Oct 2012?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I love my 51" Slick. I think it's the best all round plane I have. BUT... the 57" Extra is closing in on that title very quickly. I love my 57" Extra for low and slow AND fast and precise. The only slight challenge with the 57" Extra is that it makes you work a little harder for hovers and torque rolls whereas the 51" Slick is almost automatic in that regard.

But I honestly find the 57" Extra more floaty and more locked in during harriers than the 51" Slick. The the KE performance on the 57" Extra... whoo baby! Talk about locked IN!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
57" Extra 330SC kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I love my 51" Slick. I think it's the best all round plane I have. BUT... the 57" Extra is closing in on that title very quickly. I love my 57" Extra for low and slow AND fast and precise. The only slight challenge with the 57" Extra is that it makes you work a little harder for hovers and torque rolls whereas the 51" Slick is almost automatic in that regard.

But I honestly find the 57" Extra more floaty and more locked in during harriers than the 51" Slick. The the KE performance on the 57" Extra... whoo baby! Talk about locked IN!
+1 again!

The 57" 330SC seems so "perfect" that one wonders if, or can any improvements be made on that plane!
Last edited by Trill; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
+1 again!

The 57" 330SC seems so "perfect" that one wonders if, or can any improvements be made on that plane!
I was eyeing a 57" Extra for a long time but never really pulled the trigger sooner because I just didn't hear much about the plane. All I ever heard is that I need a 51" Slick (which was good advice for sure) and a 70-71" Slick (which I'm sure is also good advice but I'll confirm sometime in the next week or so). You just don't hear much about the Extra's but in my opinion they deserve every bit as much talk as the Slicks do...

I've been having a blast doing nice slow HA rollers with my 57" Extra lately. It's just so pure that it's almost ridiculous.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm