Old Nov 08, 2014, 05:13 PM
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Hi King,

For the UMX planes, you want the second one with the PH-3 connector. Be sure to check the CG on your plane. She flies much, much better when balanced at the sweet-spot than she does when flown nose-heavy. To get the CG back to the sweet-spot on mine, I mount the TP 325 pack sideways in the compartment, nearly all the way aft. About where the Hyp 330 is mounted in the pic below.

Joel

Isn't the batt in the pic a Hyp 320?
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2014, 05:34 PM
ARF's are Junk!!!
Joined May 2008
346 Posts
Thank you kindly Joel. Did you find a seller with a price better than 16.99$ per pack?
King of Plane is online now Find More Posts by King of Plane
Old Nov 08, 2014, 05:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
E2N,

Yup. Fixed. Good catch!

------------------------

King,

I haven't found anyone selling them for less than that. But they last for up to 600 cycles at a whopping 12c charge before they start to fade away. At 12c charge, it only takes around 7 minutes for a full charge from the 80% discharge point. I can charge at the field & fly non-stop all day long with only 2-3 packs - instead of buying a fistful of cheap packs that don't provide anywhere near the same power-to-weight, can't handle fast-charging without a reduction in performance and/or cycle-life, and typically start to fade away after just 20-50 cycles or so - even when pampered.

I don't worry about the higher initial cost of the TP packs because they're actually a much better bargain over the long run than any of the other UMX packs I've tried.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Nov 08, 2014 at 06:10 PM.