HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
Someone has WAY too much time on their hands!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:12 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Just sayin ... I know there are some VERY large High Wing Tele's and Kadets and such on electric that get some LONG flights. Charging is a hassle but with a Paraboard it almost becomes easy.

Yeah Kerwin.... I am afraid Park Flyers were some of the original Out Runner Leccys.

We like Gino... If you talk to him, ask him if he can send over a few flyers, maybe a door prize bag and we can amp up some advertising for him at the FLI event.
I have a para board but I won't use it. I am concerned about plugging batteries with different voltages in parallel to each other. The equalizing currents can be a problem. I prefer to use individual chargers.

Yes, I could probably put a couple of pounds of batteries in a Kadet or Telemaster and get a longer flight. I think two pounds of gasoline would get me a lot farther.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have a para board but I won't use it. I am concerned about plugging batteries with different voltages in parallel to each other. The equalizing currents can be a problem. I prefer to use individual chargers.

Yes, I could probably put a couple of pounds of batteries in a Kadet or Telemaster and get a longer flight. I think two pounds of gasoline would get me a lot farther.
Yes... Different Voltage would be very bad.... Different Mah with in reason is no problem. You really dont need to pack it full of bats, normal correct set ups are very efficent. PSU is using a leccy Senior Kadet for the Radio repeated project and it has some heavy gear and they are getting very good flight times on normal lipo applications.

Now mind you they are not using the HK grade leccy equipment, Thunder power, Axi, Jetti, very good and efficent parts.

Dont take me wrong wayne, I am burning nitro and gas and it is quick and easy, but a proper set up leccy, no matter what it is, can be fair.... Besides that, give the government a few more years, they will EPA us right out of Gas and Glow and we wont have a choice but to get good at Leccy.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:40 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
But....... If you flew the 3DHS plane and just floated about like the tiger moth does, dont you think the flight time would be longer... I mean it is hard to not run the snot out of something that has the power, but seems the apples and oranges are not getting the same play?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
Yes, I have been using Viton on the clunk line for almost 3 years now. Doesn't get stiff, but is stiff enough to not fold over to the front of the tank. Is great for hooking up smoke oil lines to the muffler, as it is heat resistant.

Here's a link:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-fi...tubing/=j2zik3

Part 5119K11. I usually get 5' at a time.

Bill
$10/foot Bill?

Do you know anything about the shore B?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:03 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
now guys I'll say this again parkflyers are not leccys. Just like Bill Clinton says I did not have sex with that woman.

Snowdog Why the mintor 33 ? it's not the horse of the DLE 30. The new horse is the DLE 35 and there's always the PTE.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
The good news for me is that it looks like I'm gonna be able to swing getting a Mintor 33 for my 71" Slick soon...already have servos...gonna start building it soon. Today, I'm just all juiced up (with my electrics and my Twist 60) with no where to go. Monday looks to be a super awesome flying day...stay tuned!!
I have a Leccy 70 Slick in the line up for the Motor Box, the only thing I need for it is EVERYTHING. Well... Hardware wise, I got the 71 motor box for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
now guys I'll say this again parkflyers are not leccys. Just like Bill Clinton says I did not have sex with that woman.

Snowdog Why the mintor 33 ? it's not the horse of the DLE 30. The new horse is the DLE 35 and there's always the PTE.
What did Bill know, you know he called it "Doin the Laundry" or something else. I thought the Mentors were getting good ratings? I am going to start the RCGF 55 tomorrow and see what the buyer regrets look like. I have heard people like them ok.... We will see.

You all ever hear of SUGRU? This stuff is fun.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Ron - isn't that what burglars use to make key impressions?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Ron - isn't that what burglars use to make key impressions?
Guess they could... its good stuff... Sugru.com There are soooooo many uses for this stuff, and if you have the time to work it, it can look great
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:18 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Wayne, I am just trying to clean up the slop in my elevators. I have replacement servos if the new gears don't do the trick. I'm running the EQ 10 and it's pretty simple as I recall, thanks for the input.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:46 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Here's the maiden of my little Edge
maiden of the little Edge (4 min 52 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Wayne, I am just trying to clean up the slop in my elevators. I have replacement servos if the new gears don't do the trick. I'm running the EQ 10 and it's pretty simple as I recall, thanks for the input.
OK, here is the manual for the 10:

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/Ex...er%20Guide.pdf
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Sure they are and yes he did.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:08 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
I should have sent you my 9C 72 antenna with those RX's.

Never fly without your battery strapped in.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:16 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Sure they are and yes he did.
O Wayne Wayne Wayne please help me out here LOL
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
yeah DOG I should of had that battery strapped in. All I had was the velcro. Thats why I didn't do any arco's verticals or inverted flight.
Thats tomorrow.
Anyone heard from Shane?