SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
That will be enough.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
I am considering getting some Hitec Hs-7245 servoes for this bird. How do you get 7.4 volts to them? I can only get 7.0 volts with my ice lite 100.
7.4v to servos on a 57? You got way bigger cajones than I, man.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,424 Posts
Quote:
I am considering getting some Hitec Hs-7245 servoes for this bird. How do you get 7.4 volts to them? I can only get 7.0 volts with my ice lite 100.

You will need a castle 10amp bec to get a higher voltage.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSWL3&P=ML

I am using these servos in my 57 with the bec set at 8 volts. Truly awesome servos!!!
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:12 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post

I am using these servos in my 57 with the bec set at 8 volts. Truly awesome servos!!!
Ok, thanks for the info.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post

or separate gens ace 450 2s!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
I would rather keep it to one flight battery to save weight and simplify the setup. I love the KISS method. So if I can just hook up an external bec then forget about it that is what I will do.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:19 PM
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
Agreed!! Also a great idea
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest3 View Post
I think I have made up my mind for my first 3dhs plane to be the 57" extra. I plan on running hs225mg, ice 75. I have 2, 4s 2650 and 2 4s 4000 batteries. I already have a eflite extra 300 32e, which I enjoy. I was considering getting my electronics from my Lhs, just to throw them a bone. He deals with eflite, rim fire and scorpion. I am a huge fan of scorpion motors in my helis. I just worry because the scorpion 3026-710 kv I believe would be an option? I'm just unsure I have always flown eflite and installed what it called for. Just getting into 3d. So I am unaware how much weight and power will truly affect its flying qualities. Looking for guidance on motor choice. I would like to buy a scorpion but after reading 60 pages they don't seem that popular in the SC...so just trying to do this right first time. So suggestions and advice is welcome and I can't wait to order this plane!
Sorry that I just saw this now. I have that scorpion on my 57 and love it! 4s4000 packs and you are good to go!
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:41 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2004
693 Posts
So, my 57" Extra was ready for maiden and, of course, I break the antenna on my JR. I was able to use a brand new Aurora 9 so I hooked it up, bound the receiver, did a range check and was ready to go. 20 seconds into the maiden the plane is flying off into the horizon on it's own! we tracked it and found it about 1/2 mile away in a tree. The moral of the story.................stick to what works for you. I'm waiting for my JR to come back, no Hitec for me

RC
rcdrum is offline Find More Posts by rcdrum
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdrum View Post
So, my 57" Extra was ready for maiden and, of course, I break the antenna on my JR. I was able to use a brand new Aurora 9 so I hooked it up, bound the receiver, did a range check and was ready to go. 20 seconds into the maiden the plane is flying off into the horizon on it's own! we tracked it and found it about 1/2 mile away in a tree. The moral of the story.................stick to what works for you. I'm waiting for my JR to come back, no Hitec for me

RC
You had to have bound it wrong. Hitec is one of the best out there and I have never had a single issue with hitec. did you bind it tree feet from the receiver?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2004
693 Posts
Quote:
You had to have bound it wrong. Hitec is one of the best out there and I have never had a single issue with hitec. did you bind it tree feet from the receiver?
I did everything per the manual as well having help from other Hitec users.

RC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
I did everything per the manual as well having help from other Hitec users.

RC
I would send the receiver back to hitec so you can figure out what is wrong. I would not ditch a great radio over one bad issue. I hope you get it all figured out, it is a shame to see you brand new plane in pieces. However it could be many different things, I do not believe you can blame the radio just yet.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:56 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2004
693 Posts
Quote:
I would send the receiver back to hitec so you can figure out what is wrong. I would not ditch a great radio over one bad issue. I hope you get it all figured out, it is a shame to see you brand new plane in pieces. However it could be many different things, I do not believe you can blame the radio just yet.
Well, I had no intentions of switching to Hitec. I'm totally happy with my JR, was just using the Aurora while mine was being repaired.

RC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
Quote:

RC
Sorry to see this my friend!! Especially sucks on a maiden flight!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
That's a bummer RC! Fuse looks pretty good, but hard to tell from pics. Looks like two wings and a cowl.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer