SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Discussion
Obama's Libya Fable Blows Up

As more things come to light it is clear the American people were lied to since day 1 of the libyan terrorist attack. They were lied to by Obama, Hillary and the rest of the administration. This had absolutely nothing to do with a video as Obama has claimed. The administration knew within hours it was a terrorist attack yet led with a false story and cover up about a video.

It turns out the State Department was at odds with the administration. They knew the facts and did not agree with the story being put forth by the administration.

Quote:
Asked about the initial reports of the protests, the official said that while "others" in the administration may have said there were protests, the State Department did not.

"That was not our conclusion," the official said. "I'm not saying that we had a conclusion."
Given this information and knowing it was not a protest the administration send their cabinet member on the Sunday tv circuit to claim this was not a pre-planned attack and that it was because of the video. This is the same story put out by Clinton, Obama and other members of the administration. This is a known lie.

There are other stories about requests for more security that were denied as well as an actual reduction in security the month before the attack against the pleas from the Americans on the ground in Libya.

This is a complete mess. What gets me is there is absolutely no need for it. Why not simply tell the facts of what happened instead of creating an unneeded cover-up? It was absolutely unnecessary. This is now a HUGE problem for the administration. They have to justify why they lied to the American people when they knew the facts.

There is now a congressional hearing beginning to dig into this issue. This is going to end up being a big problem for Obama especially now with other parts of the government running away from the lies..

Quote:
Senior State Department officials on Tuesday refuted claims by administration members that the deadly attack in Libya on the 11th anniversary of Sept. 11 was provoked by an anti-Islam video.

On the eve of a House hearing to investigate the security of American personnel in the tumultuous country, two senior State Department sources told reporters that attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi did not happen as a result of protests.
These are clear LIES put out by team Obama. The only reason I can think of is they were putting the election before the American people and security. Of course Obama feels these 4 dead Americans were nothing more than "Bumps in the road".

Quote:
"What sparked the violence was a very hateful video on the Internet," Rice said on "Fox News Sunday." "It was a reaction to a video that had nothing to do with the United States. .... What happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent. And those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya, and that then spun out of control.

On September 13th, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton responded to the anti-Islam video that sparked protests in Cairo, Egypt and other Muslim countries, as reported in the UK Telegraph.

"It appears to have a deeply cynical purpose, to denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage," Clinton said following a bilateral meeting with her Moroccan counterpart, Saad-Eddine Al-Otmani. "We condemn the violence that has resulted in the strongest terms and we greatly appreciate that many Muslims in the United States and around the world have spoken out on this issue."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...0#.UHVXCRXA9TI
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...n-libya-attack
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Last edited by RumRunner_1492; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:25 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
I knew we hit an all time low in America the day Jay Carney spoke about the attack. It looked like someone had a gun to his head as he KNEW he was lying through his teeth. Not only does this blow up in Obamas face, it also blows up in Hillary's. This was as much her watch as Obamas. All though I think she's too old to run for prez next time, having this hung around her neck will put any thoughts of that permenantly on hold. All though.........were is leccy to point out my grammar??
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,934 Posts
Looks like Hillary is throwing Obama under the bus too.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
This is getting to be a broken record, lying to the American people is what our government does best. November people, lets clean house.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
This is getting to be a broken record, lying to the American people is what our government does best. November people, lets clean house.
government'S plural

Bush Lied - Tricky Dickie Lied - Ollie North Lied - Rumsfeld Lied - Kennedy (s) various Lied - LBJ Lied

etc
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I can't figure out why they would lie about this other than to help them in the election. If they are putting the election over a terrorist attack and American lives that's a pretty big deal.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:05 AM
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,570 Posts
Is that plural possessive, or plural non-possessive? It's to do with the apostrophe, you know. Well, maybe you don't, given your previous posts.
MrMootsie is online now Find More Posts by MrMootsie
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
Is that plural possessive, or plural non-possessive? It's to do with the apostrophe, you know. Well, maybe you don't, given your previous posts.
Pedantry - it's an affliction - I know because I am a fellow sufferer

Goverment's - plural - apostrophe - possessive - etc - what have I missed ?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Pedantry - it's an affliction - I know because I am a fellow sufferer

Hope & Change is what U missed
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon View Post
Hope & Change is what U missed
Oh don't you worry about that - if Romney gets in he's promised ****loads of it
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:13 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,285 Posts
Quote:
Oh don't you worry about that - if Romney gets in he's promised ****loads of it
It's not "if" ....It's when...
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
government'S plural

Bush Lied - Tricky Dickie Lied - Ollie North Lied - Rumsfeld Lied - Kennedy (s) various Lied - LBJ Lied

etc
NONE of them are lying to us right now, and NONE of them are running for re-election. You have made no valid point other than you are trying to deflect. You are way too obvious and should quit while you aren't too far in. Do like the other O apologist and wait for the talking points to hit your inbox before you post.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon View Post
It's not "if" ....It's when...
Whooooooooooooo

Is it
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Nothing the grammar police won't overlook...

Government = singular
Government's = singular possessive
Governments = plural
Governments' = plural possessive

(I sure hope that is all correct )
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy6 View Post
NONE of them are lying to us right now, and NONE of them are running for re-election. You have made no valid point other than you are trying to deflect. You are way too obvious and should quit while you aren't too far in. Do like the other O apologist and wait for the talking points to hit your inbox before you post.
That's a lot of words for a post that doesn't have much of a message