HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2014, 01:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadr View Post
I placed an order with hobbyking and just added the Bixler 2 vertical stabilizer. Hope it fits, but if it doesn't I'll just modify it to fit. I'm ready to fly the plane so I think I'll just use some dollar tree foam to make my own stabilizer for now.
Just checked, and the B2 stab looks identical to the B1, so u should be fine.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:33 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Aug 2008
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrari View Post
I did have to use a razor blade to trim up the front part of the stabilizer to fit into the fuselage but that was easily done in a couple minutes. A bit of hot glue to keep the stabilizer in place and now I'm ready to try it out.
chadr is offline Find More Posts by chadr
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadr View Post
I did have to use a razor blade to trim up the front part of the stabilizer to fit into the fuselage but that was easily done in a couple minutes. A bit of hot glue to keep the stabilizer in place and now I'm ready to try it out.
Excellent hope it flys well.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:17 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Maybe a new SkyS would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrari View Post
B1 Stab... B2 stab...???? I have NO idea what you are making reference to. That just shows you how far behind I am on the information curve. Hmmmm....
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:21 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
AJ?
Just checking in and haven't seen you around here in while. I'm still flying the HF Wildhawks too.
Hope your doing OK.

Capt.
I fought a couple of medical challenges. But, life is good now. I am still flying most of my fleet of planes. Happy flying my friend. Oh, you can see my recent flying videos if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq...TxJzQdzOjR3KdA. If you see them, give me your feedback. I will PM my email to you. Thanks a bunch for asking..
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 11, 2014, 03:01 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I fought a couple of medical challenges. But, life is good now. I am still flying most of my fleet of planes. Happy flying my friend. Oh, you can see my recent flying videos if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq...TxJzQdzOjR3KdA. If you see them, give me your feedback. I will PM my email to you. Thanks a bunch for asking..
AJ

AJ,

Glad to read you are back in the saddle and flying again.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2014, 05:55 PM
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2014
101 Posts
Cabin Fever!

After 2 days of heavy rain and high winds, I took my SS out this morning.

Okay, it was 33 degrees, there was a little snow coming down, and a little wind (that gusted up strongly AFTER I launched). But it was good to get out and fly, and the sliding skid thru the snow on landing was good for a laugh!

When conditions are marginal and I just HAVE to fly, I always will choose to fly the SS. It's never let me down!

AJ - Glad to hear you're well & back on the sticks. Keep 'em flyin'!
RexGalore is offline Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Dec 11, 2014, 09:44 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
AJ
I am happy to see you back and flying again AJ.

I will continue to pray for your full recovery. Just don't get cut by any propelllers.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2014
101 Posts
Better Than a Sim on a Snowy Day

Another snowy day, light steady north wind, so just before sunset (not that you could tell) another perfect SS flight. Kept it in <300' so it was still visible through the light snow as long as I could see the black bottom or the orange wingtips.
Good clean fun!
RexGalore is offline Find More Posts by RexGalore