We never believed that meme anyway. It's five lefties, not three
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jan 02, 2014, 06:55 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
LTUP folklore contains, in the dim and distant past, the meme that there are only actually <20 posters in this forum. These consist of two "tribes", where the posts expressing moderate views anywhere to the left of Ghenghis Khan are all penned by three people, and a bunch of sock-puppets. Consequently, any new member here was put under the microscope, and such accusations were made on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, almost invariably being quite incorrect.

The Sock Smeller Pursuivant who originated that meme isn't around these days though and, thankfully, it; seems to have lost most of it's traction.
Aaaaaahhhh, I see. I now feel a bit naive. So the post that I thought was merely offering generous, helpful feedback to a newcomer, may have actually contained an oblique accusation and/or criticism. Wow, the mood can certainly be contentious and suspicious in this particular forum. I joined RCG to find help in finishing out a balsa kit plane. I found the LTUP forum several weeks after joining and I subscribed because I also enjoy discussing various non-RC topics. It certainly has not been boring here. But it also seems at times to be sadly dark, suspicious, and negative. I am just a guy who likes RC planes, and who happens to be a bit left of center politically. The reaction to my participation here has been somewhat surprising.
Yoda466 is offline Find More Posts by Yoda466
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:41 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
I've long given up on both moderators and rules - too hard for an 'idiot' like me to understand

I've been pointed for posting an image up of a fully clothed girl in a public area

I've been pointed for reposting (quoting) another posters words when the original post didn't receive even a warning, let alone a point

I tried to post a line of text the other day which contained the anatomically correct term for 'the lower orifice' and I couldn't as it was deemed 'a naughty word' (give me strength)

And so on

It's a lottery - I no longer worry about same!

No ET, you get points because you game the system by skirting as close to the line as you can in the furtherance of your only real purpose here: To derail legitimate discussion about things which you do not like or do not agree with.

Stop it with the whoa-is-me routine.
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell
Old Jan 02, 2014, 09:23 PM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,564 Posts
"Woe". I know....sorry....
Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Jan 02, 2014, 10:19 PM
Toowoomba, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
"Woe". I know....sorry....
The spelling correction!!

Does a shot on the internet get any cheaper than that?
bjr_93tz is offline Find More Posts by bjr_93tz
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:04 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466 View Post
It certainly has not been boring here. But it also seems at times to be sadly dark, suspicious, and negative.
On the contrary, I find it happily dark, suspicious, and negative.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:05 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr_93tz View Post

Beat ya to it, I got 62Pilot on his opening post.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:08 PM
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
LTUP folklore contains, in the dim and distant past, the meme that there are only actually <20 posters in this forum. These consist of two "tribes", where the posts expressing moderate views anywhere to the left of Ghenghis Khan are all penned by three people, and a bunch of sock-puppets. Consequently, any new member here was put under the microscope, and such accusations were made on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, almost invariably being quite incorrect.

The Sock Smeller Pursuivant who originated that meme isn't around these days though and, thankfully, it; seems to have lost most of it's traction.
Do you make Cranberry sauce, or do you buy Cranberry gelatin?
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcjetpilot; Jan 02, 2014 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:13 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,765 Posts
Cranberry
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:24 PM
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
Cranberry
Twas cool
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:56 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Do you make Cranberry sauce, or do you buy Cranberry gelatin?
More code words.

Actually, since you;re asking, what I make, generally, is mincemeat.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:59 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Quote:
Aaaaaahhhh, I see. I now feel a bit naive. So the post that I thought was merely offering generous, helpful feedback to a newcomer, may have actually contained an oblique accusation and/or criticism. Wow, the mood can certainly be contentious and suspicious in this particular forum. I joined RCG to find help in finishing out a balsa kit plane. I found the LTUP forum several weeks after joining and I subscribed because I also enjoy discussing various non-RC topics. It certainly has not been boring here. But it also seems at times to be sadly dark, suspicious, and negative. I am just a guy who likes RC planes, and who happens to be a bit left of center politically. The reaction to my participation here has been somewhat surprising.
I'm not sure which post you're referring to, but if it was the one which generated my joke about the direct hit then I wouldn't read anything into that at all.

Stick around, discussing Life, The Universe and politics is good and the more we discuss the more we learn.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jan 03, 2014, 01:18 AM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr_93tz View Post

Corrections can be cheap. That one didn't contain any particular cheap shot.
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jan 03, 2014, 02:45 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell View Post
No ET, you get points because you game the system by skirting as close to the line as you can in the furtherance of your only real purpose here: To derail legitimate discussion about things which you do not like or do not agree with.

Stop it with the whoa-is-me routine.
That's simsplistic and a point you're making because you and I mostly disagree

The post I made is A factually honest and accurate and B serves to highlight how some rules are 'flakey' in the extreme!

Of course there's a middle ground - we've just got to agree on same
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:21 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Quote:
It takes all types to make up the World, Yoda466, but I do agree with you that sometimes it all gets too negative.

Especially when the 'extremists' have to invade every single thread, even when they are about positive things that happen in the World (of which there are, of course, many things!)

Just keep in mind that all the know-it-alls here on LTUP wouldn't be on LTUP if they actually knew-it-all!

(And keep smiling! ).
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam