HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy 9x - Frsky does not fit!

H all, my order finally arrived in the UK from hobby king.

I got the combo deal Turnigy 9x and Frsky module.. And it does not fit flush and will not clip in. I read on another forum to trim down the pins on the TX. Does that really need to be done, it sticks out not flush by about 3mm but I'm sure the pins are together. Can I just tape it down to secure it or hot glue gun?
Jmm_jammy is offline Find More Posts by Jmm_jammy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,415 Posts
ahh, i had this problem with the turnigy but not the flysky tx.

to be able to plug the module into the tx, i had to unscrew the module, plug the bottom plastic plate into the tx, then plug the board onto the pins, then screw the top of the module back on.

this was with the flysky module though and not the frsky.. not sure if its the same.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
You don't have to trim the pins. Just cut the plastic around them. It was what I did and it's perfect.
crocus is offline Find More Posts by crocus
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
You don't have to trim the pins. Just cut the plastic around them. It was what I did and it's perfect.
Do you mean the plastic moun on which the male pins sit on? I noticed the raised mount they are on has slightly rounded edges which stick out a bit, do you mean some how file this bit down?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Also, while fitting the Frsky and the USB mod, I've seen some people fit a LED and bind button, is that necessary??
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm_jammy View Post
Do you mean the plastic moun on which the male pins sit on? I noticed the raised mount they are on has slightly rounded edges which stick out a bit, do you mean some how file this bit down?
Yes you can trim that plastic around the male pins until the module fits perfectly!
crocus is offline Find More Posts by crocus
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Got the dremel out last night and removed all the plastic mouldin around pins, fits perfectly now! Thanks guys
Old Mar 31, 2014, 06:43 AM
Freezes when panicking
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Mar 2007
107 Posts
Just curious...after doing the mod & removing the plastic bit around the pins, sure the DJT module fits perfectly...but how about if you want to use another module..say Orange's DSM2/DSMX module? Will it fit perfectly even though the plastic bit is gone from around the pins?
daniirwan is offline Find More Posts by daniirwan