HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:17 PM
Off my horse
Joined Apr 2011
273 Posts
Discussion
GoPro Wifi Backpack

They finally released the WiFi BackPack.. http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/

I use a FrSky radio on my quad. Whenever I turn it on it blows up my wireless network at my house. I'm thinking that it would do the same to this, but the idea of getting live video from the GoPro would be cool. Not so much for FPV because i'm assuming there is lag, but if I'm flying LOS and want to try and frame a shot I could use it to guesstimate.
empire007 is offline Find More Posts by empire007
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
Linux Compatible
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Dec 2007
418 Posts
I'm pretty sure that either the range or the latency of this is going to be bad enough to keep it from being an FPV alternative.

Might be fun for a spectator to watch your flight though. I'd like to ride along FPV for a warthox flight
machina is offline Find More Posts by machina
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
739 Posts
Interesting. It would very likely interfere with 2.4 GHz radio systems and Im curious how much it weighs, looks like the BacPac has its own battery. But if it can really stream video in HD it might be worth it. I didnt see anything on the website talking about the quality of the streaming video, my guess is that the video out would be the same quality as the video shown on the LCD BacPac but I dont know what that is.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Saw a reference that streaming video is only standard, pretty much nothing non-military streams HD.
But I understand it can stream standard and record HD simultaneously.
Pretty much what I want it for.
grmccray is offline Find More Posts by grmccray