New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2015, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,454 Posts
You can use the servo screen and there you can read the exact pulsewidth on the active channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumBob View Post
yes, South Brum. Mostly I fly with Marston Green club though I'm also in NWMAS and the Lighthorne group.
The servo screen and monitor both look good with no interaction visible, but just because that's what the programmer thinks it's sending doesn't mean it really is doing so! In this case I think the transmitted signal really is ok as I use similar configurations on other models with no sign of a problem.
All 10 channels? I take it you mean on the X10+ board. I've used these for 4 servo + 2 retract wings as the FrSky unit only has 4 outputs, but it's the first time I've tried driving everything though it to get the receiver redundancy.
Now my Macchi 200 is currently using 12 channels but that uses a single 4 channel S-bus decoder and 9 pin Ashloks for the wing as I put it together before discovering the X10+.
Will pm you later
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 02:59 AM
Find More Posts by BrumBob
Birmingham, UK
Joined Apr 2007
546 Posts
yes George, that is displaying the values that the channel encoder is calculating. What I was hinting at is that those values are then integrated to form the FrSky datastream which is deconstructed at the receiver to create servo pulses - the channel monitors can't take into account potential programming bugs or hardware/software limitations that introduce interaction downstream! I don't think there is a problem with the signals generated, from Jim's comments above I think the FrSky wide pulse width range just exceeds the X10+ specs, so all is working fine and not a problem as long as it's taken into account when setting up the channel limits.
BrumBob is online now Find More Posts by BrumBob
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
TEAM HILLBILLY/ PEASANTCOPTER
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
5,569 Posts
Anyone know if the 5v to 3.3v adaptor can take 8v? I need to run a second satellite but cant find a proper adaptor.
Somethin' Extra is offline Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by Liberty10
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
5,649 Posts
Buy it from XPS. Here's the link. and yes it's good to 9v
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:19 AM
Joined May 2013
5,569 Posts
Perfect, thanks
Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:37 AM
Joined May 2013
5,569 Posts
Is there a spot for a 3rd sat? Or can i just plug it in to an open port?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:21 AM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
5,649 Posts
No you can only run 2. Might be able to add a third with a second x10. Jim will have to answer that.

TBH I see no reason to run 3. You can add as much extension as you like to get the sats as far away from anything that can interfer with them as possible. Jim mounts his rx in the vertical stab where there is nothing at all that can interfere,
I'm hoping to finally get some time to start my 74" Laser build and it will get this same setup.
1 sat points the antenna front to back and the other points up and down. You are hitting the side of 1 or the other antenna at virtually any angle.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:25 AM
Joined May 2013
5,569 Posts
What if i did one lying down paralell to the wings and another mounted parralell to the fuse standing up?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:29 AM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
5,649 Posts
One def should go paralell to the fuse . The second one can be paralell to the wing or perpenidular to the wing. I don't thing it really matters. As long as when your 90deg to the fuse you 90deg to an antenna. And when the plane is going directly away your 90 deg to the other antenna. This way your never exceed 45 angle to the antenna sides.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:40 AM
Joined May 2013
5,569 Posts
Ok thanks