New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguy123 View Post
I flashed minim osd with rush osd and connected it to serial 0 (telemetry) port but it does not communicate with multiwii. on minim osd both blue leds indicating power are on, but yellow led indication transmission is not flashing rapidly as it should. Minim osd is ok for sure, because works fine with simulator (connected through usb to computer)
also - when minim is connected to FC and I also connect FC via USB to computer - minim osd starts working just fine (yellow leds starts to flash and on video output I can see osd overlay like I should). It seems that there is some communication setting up (handshake) problem or sth like that...

did someone had similar problems and managed to solve it?

already tried to reduce baud rate on minimosd (even to 9600) - no result...
You need 115200 bps

Serial port 0 should work, else I think also the other serial interface can be used ... only serial 1 is fix for GPS (if I recall right)
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by redguy123
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
You need 115200 bps
Serial port 0 should work, else I think also the other serial interface can be used ... only serial 1 is fix for GPS (if I recall right)
115200 bps was by default and did not work.
redguy123 is offline Find More Posts by redguy123
Old Mar 20, 2015, 06:26 AM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguy123 View Post
115200 bps was by default and did not work.
Then you have something wrong on your board.

Do you have anything connected to USB ?
With USB not used Serial0 should work, and this is 115k

In case your Serial0 is not usable ... review the MultiWii code, and use Serial3

MinimOSD should send only request similar to PC-GUI ... maybe you want to try Kataventos Firmware on MinimOSD ... anyhow it has to be 115k
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Mar 20, 2015, 09:49 AM
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
Then you have something wrong on your board.

Do you have anything connected to USB ?
With USB not used Serial0 should work, and this is 115k

In case your Serial0 is not usable ... review the MultiWii code, and use Serial3

MinimOSD should send only request similar to PC-GUI ... maybe you want to try Kataventos Firmware on MinimOSD ... anyhow it has to be 115k
it does not work whn usb is disconnected. when I connect also usb - it starts to work just fine and works even after disconnecting usb. Earlier I had blutooth telemetry module plugged to serial 0 and it also worked just fine... I will try to use KV first, because serial3 requires to solder pins on FC board...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
isn't Kataventos the same thing as rush osd?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 09:47 AM
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
here is my problem showed in detail:
minim osd multiwii pro (2.3) problem (1 min 13 sec)

I tried switching to serial 3 - the same problem...
Old May 04, 2015, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by Nickshchaos81
United States, MT, Great Falls
Joined Jan 2014
92 Posts
hey guys I am having issues with a friends quad. We both have the red hk multiwii board with mtk 3329 gps , except his was the holybro hg-m02. either way both are "supposed" to be set up the same but it wont initialize. When powered the little red light powers on , but in the gui i dont get the blinking pkt light from red to green. It stays solid red. I can unplug his gps and plug mine in and status indicator on gui starts blinking. i tried to use the mingps thing to check rates on his module and can not get anything .... I cant find a guide on how to flash the mtk3329 , any help guys would be awesome , this is the only thread i could find thats even close to my issue. I can do pics or a video if i have to . please help thanks
Nickshchaos81 is offline Find More Posts by Nickshchaos81