New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by Murdock80
Outlaw flyer
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2014
563 Posts
They Hifei came recommended and it's great!! plus at 45$?!?!? You cant beat that for a 60 amp esc with quality! Headsuprc fellas! Adam
Murdock80 is offline Find More Posts by Murdock80
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2015, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by BeavisUSMC
Trees Are Stupid
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2013
4,452 Posts
Nm.
BeavisUSMC is offline Find More Posts by BeavisUSMC
Last edited by BeavisUSMC; Jun 30, 2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by Jovanx
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,353 Posts
I have the stock ESC mounted on the shelf above the motor, and never had a problem with it. There's already a hole in the foam in front that brings air in. Because it's so accessible, it's easy to check for temperature after each flight.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by mjgravina
"Doc"
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I have the stock ESC mounted on the shelf above the motor, and never had a problem with it. There's already a hole in the foam in front that brings air in. Because it's so accessible, it's easy to check for temperature after each flight.
Jovanx, would you mind posting a pic of that setup whenever you get a couple mins? I had a hell of a time mounting my stock ESC in that intake tube (Where they are "meant" to be, but its one of the weirdest places I have ever seen, hard to velcro, pretty awkward.
mjgravina is offline Find More Posts by mjgravina
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by sothpaw
Joined Jun 2012
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgravina View Post
Jovanx, would you mind posting a pic of that setup whenever you get a couple mins? I had a hell of a time mounting my stock ESC in that intake tube (Where they are "meant" to be, but its one of the weirdest places I have ever seen, hard to velcro, pretty awkward.
Yes, I'm concerned about that stock location in the intake tube. There have been times when the ESC is almost sticking out the bottom...the tape part of the Velcro is only so sticky and needs maintenance. On the bottom, it's close to the grass during landing or even in the pits.

On another topic...what size servos do you guys use? I'm thinking I should replace all servos and use the Life pack to reduce my risk. I'll also fly some other planes(I already had 30 flights with no issue before this...4 on the Yak and many on other planes) to try and exclude the Tx.
sothpaw is offline Find More Posts by sothpaw
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by sothpaw
Joined Jun 2012
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Plug a lipo in ..get someone to hold the airframe and wiggle the power leads whilst u run the model up..... if the power switch wire pulled free from the ESC then u might have also damaged the lipo lead .
Just a thought
I did that before takeoff for flight #1. I did it twice actually. I verified servo working while the prop was at mid or full throttle. This thing fly great for 4 1/2 flights and just plowed to the ground during flight #5 after the knife edge was done...I think it was in level flight . It was for sure a violent departure from flight path that I saw (and felt no control other than throttle).
sothpaw is offline Find More Posts by sothpaw
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,792 Posts
It sounds more like your having power outs rather then brown outs ...r u using the same batt when u have had issues
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Outlaw flyer
Joined Nov 2014
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
This sounds like an amazing idea!!!! May go home and do this myself.. lead wires from my esc are a little short..
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by Jovanx
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,353 Posts
Here is a pic of the ESC which is held on with velcro. I suspect that the cause of some ESC failures and caps coming off is from jamming it and the wires into the hole on the underside.

I used Hitec HS-5085MG servos as recommended by others earlier in this thread. They're not cheap, but they are very responsive and haven't missed a beat.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Outlaw flyer
Joined Nov 2014
563 Posts
I put hitec 82mg's in mine used. Rudder servo doesn't center correctly.... gonna have to get another one...