SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2015, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Joined Jan 2015
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
ha ha! He was found unconscious 2 feet away still in the seat, but nothing some CA and ABS plastic glue couldn't fix! HK doesn't sell that cockpit kit anymore so I was relieved it was easily repairable!

Speaking of repairable, anyone have an extra Left Wing on Hand they might want to part with? That's all I need to build a new one....
If you can't find one on here, Horizon Hobby still carries them for $50, and free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-flite-Main...item5b0e2d5120

Good deal! As I highly doubt any private seller would part with a brand new one cheaper with free shipping.
YokohamaSoGo is offline Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2015, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by sihinch
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
538 Posts
I just picked one of these from a friend at my club for an absolute steal. All E-Flite gear. Looking forward to flying it - it's my first non-foam EDF.
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Jun 01, 2015, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Joined Jan 2015
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihinch View Post
I just picked one of these from a friend at my club for an absolute steal. All E-Flite gear. Looking forward to flying it - it's my first non-foam EDF.
Enjoy!
YokohamaSoGo is offline Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Old Jun 06, 2015, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by crash8384
United States, OK, Clinton
Joined Aug 2011
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YokohamaSoGo View Post
Sounds good, but I would take a close(r) look at the Deans connectors. From what very experienced LHS owners/operators have told me, Deans is only good for "x" amount of amps. Don't quote me on this but I've been told up to around 40amp or something like that. More experienced members may have additional and/or a more accurate data on Deans connector specs. Just be thorough with everything so there is no mishap. Good luck on the project and maiden.

yep.....most def get rid of the deans because on high amp draw planes, the terminals will get so hot that the plastic starts to melt and it will loose connection.
its happened to me several times. i started using xt60 and xt90 or the ec5. ec5 is a very good plug, can handle alot of amps.
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
Old Jun 07, 2015, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by drjay
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
390 Posts
Agree with EC5 connectors instead. Tam from Tamjets also uses these. The connection spark, if it happens, stays in the insulated tips. EC5 are also much easier to plug in and pull apart in my hands. They don't wear out as easily for sure.

They can be purchased inexpensively from Hobby King in packs of 5.
drjay is offline Find More Posts by drjay