SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old Aug 02, 2015, 02:00 PM
pieterva is offline
Find More Posts by pieterva
Registered User
Joined Jun 2015
4 Posts
Hello, I tried what you said - the led on the RX is on. and in the setup (D11 to GND and using putty) I can see the putty screen showing the stick movements. Am using a nano from ali express. I'll check all wires again and how the L led behaves in setup mode. all the best !
pieterva is offline Find More Posts by pieterva
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2015, 02:52 PM
miru is offline
Find More Posts by miru
Registered User
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterva View Post
Hello, I tried what you said - the led on the RX is on. and in the setup (D11 to GND and using putty) I can see the putty screen showing the stick movements. Am using a nano from ali express. I'll check all wires again and how the L led behaves in setup mode. all the best !
Did you pull the SETUP jumper when your mod was connect to the drone?
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2015, 05:36 AM
darkside40 is offline
Find More Posts by darkside40
Registered User
Joined Aug 2015
1 Posts
First of all really thank you for that Mod. I still have an AR.Drone 2 lying around here, but after getting some experience with other Remote Controlled quads i saw how sluggish these iDev controls are.

Now i wanna mod my AR.Drone to work together with my FRSky transmitter.

I have nearly everythin in my little workshop, only a suitable Level converter is missing.

MiruLLC looks nice, but shipments from the US takes quite some time, and also the German customs are sometime really picky.

So i would like to ask if it would also possible to use one of these level converters:
https://www.pololu.com/product/2595
or
https://github.com/watterott/Level-Shifter

These are two models i can source easily here.
What makes me a bit unsure is that the recommended Level converters on the sketch show some wires which are needed to switch from 5V to 1.8V, while those LLC's i have found say something like "just connect the two voltage levels and it will work".

I just dont wanna fry my Drone.
darkside40 is offline Find More Posts by darkside40
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2015, 11:16 AM
miru is offline
Find More Posts by miru
Registered User
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside40 View Post
First of all really thank you for that Mod. I still have an AR.Drone 2 lying around here, but after getting some experience with other Remote Controlled quads i saw how sluggish these iDev controls are.

Now i wanna mod my AR.Drone to work together with my FRSky transmitter.

I have nearly everythin in my little workshop, only a suitable Level converter is missing.

MiruLLC looks nice, but shipments from the US takes quite some time, and also the German customs are sometime really picky.

So i would like to ask if it would also possible to use one of these level converters:
https://www.pololu.com/product/2595
or
https://github.com/watterott/Level-Shifter

These are two models i can source easily here.
What makes me a bit unsure is that the recommended Level converters on the sketch show some wires which are needed to switch from 5V to 1.8V, while those LLC's i have found say something like "just connect the two voltage levels and it will work".

I just dont wanna fry my Drone.
You have to generate the 1.8V reference voltage for the Low voltage side (drone) somehow...
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2015, 03:38 PM
pieterva is offline
Find More Posts by pieterva
Registered User
Joined Jun 2015
4 Posts
Dear, I check the cables again, and the D11 jumper is not set. what I noticed: during boot and TX is on: The binding led on the RX is on, the L led on the nano flashed during approx 15 seconds 3 times a second, then the L led briefly shines bright, then it flashes once a second. Meanwhile the 4 leds on the drone engines are all green. but no reaction. The boot behaviour of the drone is the same when connected to the drone or not. So I'll check with another LLC I have around. Any advice always welcome :-) Telneting to the drone seeing the logs ?
kind regards
pieterva is offline Find More Posts by pieterva
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2015, 04:41 PM
miru is offline
Find More Posts by miru
Registered User
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterva View Post
Dear, I check the cables again, and the D11 jumper is not set. what I noticed: during boot and TX is on: The binding led on the RX is on, the L led on the nano flashed during approx 15 seconds 3 times a second, then the L led briefly shines bright, then it flashes once a second. Meanwhile the 4 leds on the drone engines are all green. but no reaction. The boot behaviour of the drone is the same when connected to the drone or not. So I'll check with another LLC I have around. Any advice always welcome :-) Telneting to the drone seeing the logs ?
kind regards
Check http://mirumod.tk/hw/mirupcb/MiruPCBman20130722.pdf where it describes the Startup sequence.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2015, 03:24 PM
pieterva is offline
Find More Posts by pieterva
Registered User
Joined Jun 2015
4 Posts
Dear, Thank you for the documentation. I'll check it out. this moment, I think the drone does not get the communication through the LLC. Meanwhile I measure the voltage on both TX from the LLC . The nano, receiver and LLC are connected to the drone, but not the RX and TX cables. in both cases, the voltage is 1.64 V - for a drone 2.2. is this enough, I saw somewhere it had to be 1.67V ?

something else, the documentation (mirupcb20130722), page 9 says 1+1 blink - what does this mean ? the led one second out, followed by one second light, and so on ?

Thank you !
pieterva is offline Find More Posts by pieterva
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2015, 03:54 PM
miru is offline
Find More Posts by miru
Registered User
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterva View Post
Dear, Thank you for the documentation. I'll check it out. this moment, I think the drone does not get the communication through the LLC. Meanwhile I measure the voltage on both TX from the LLC . The nano, receiver and LLC are connected to the drone, but not the RX and TX cables. in both cases, the voltage is 1.64 V - for a drone 2.2. is this enough, I saw somewhere it had to be 1.67V ?

something else, the documentation (mirupcb20130722), page 9 says 1+1 blink - what does this mean ? the led one second out, followed by one second light, and so on ?

Thank you !
1.6V should be enough. 1+X blinks means the LED blinks once, then there is a pause, after that it blinks X times and after that there is an even longer pause.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo RC Controlled AR.Drone w/o WiFi! nosaari Multirotor Talk 117 Dec 07, 2014 04:04 AM
For Sale Parrot AR Drone w/TX/RX mod *Flies Nice* Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2011 09:42 PM
Discussion Wifi Boosted AR.Drone Fallengod Multirotor Talk 7 Feb 12, 2011 10:52 AM
Discussion And yet another AR drone Arial Video project taudronis Multirotor Talk 17 Dec 07, 2010 11:04 AM
Sold Parrot AR.Drone Four rotor platform control with your iPodTouch/iPhone/iPad Hoverup Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 12, 2010 03:54 PM