|Jan 18, 2008, 07:11 PM|
Joined Jan 2007
Using JR Matchbox on elevator halves
My transmitter will not run dual elevator servos so I've been using a reversing y on them with some success. However, I've now tried three different rev-y's and all three get the same result. My elevator halves do not move equally around neutral. The geometry is as perfect as I can get it, and it is actually one servo moving before the other. At full throw the halves match up and down so it is a problem at small inputs that causes some rolling moment with small pitch changes. Here's the question:
How do I set up the matchbox to operate off one channel and reverse one servo output while setting the throws to match?
|Jan 18, 2008, 11:39 PM|
Its best to begin with your servo that is not reversed and setup the throws on that first while it is plugged into the matchbox (assume your using 1/5 slot for that servo and 2/6 for the other
Then go in this order:
servo reverse #2 servo
Servo nuetral of #2 servo
servo enpoints of #2 servo
1) make sure you have the small red jumper wire in the battery port. Other wise you have to power the unit with its own battery
2)You can plug your servo into any slot.
3) Use number 5-8 for servo reversing
4) If you plugged your servo into slot 2/6 you would simply go to 6 on the dial and press + or - until the servo has reversed.
5) to adjust the center and endpoints of the reversed servo you use 2 on the dial
6) in the 2 position on the dial leave your transmitter at stick at nuetral. use the +/- button to equal the center point of the servo plugged into 1/5
7) push your stick full up elevator and and use the +/- to match the servo in 1/5
8) push your stick full down elevator and use the +/- to match the servo in 1/5
9) you may have to adjust servo 1/5 instead to get everything lined up exactly. Process is the same except you move the dial to 1 instead of 2.
10) You must move the dial from right to left (clockwise) past 9 and stop at 0 before powering down the matchbox or everything you did will not be stored in its memory! Wait for the red light to stop flashing before power down
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion different servos on elevator halves - bad?||Neil Walker||High Performance||4||Sep 25, 2006 11:23 AM|
|Discussion Using JR R610UL RX to set Remote Gain on GY401 Possible?||swiftjoe||Micro Helis||6||May 01, 2006 01:49 AM|
|JR 8103 programming for sep. elevator halves||mile hi flyer||Radios||1||Nov 26, 2005 10:29 PM|
|Anyone Using A Spectra Module On A Jr Radio?||bushpilotx1||Electric Plane Talk||0||Aug 07, 2002 10:52 PM|
|Anybody using Elevon differential on a Zagi?||bradpaul||Foamies (Kits)||1||May 15, 2001 11:44 PM|