SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:56 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2004
933 Posts
Discussion
Lonestar Balsa

I tried twice in Dec last year to contact Lonestar Balsa through there contact us button on there website so far I,ve had no response, Has anyone had better luck with them.

Colin.
ColinNZ is offline Find More Posts by ColinNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
Experienced Balsa Mangler
United States, AL, Tillmans Corner
Joined Oct 2012
722 Posts
They're still showing the same "Waiting on a container" bug they've been showing for the past few months. I also sent an email through the website earlier this month, with no response.

However, on page 85 of the February AMA "Model Aviation", Lone Star has a print ad saying "We're Back / We Missed You!!!" and offering 20% off of a wood order of $40 or more. I hope they're back in good shape. They had the best balsa pricing of anyone, and even their low-end bundle deals were good quality sheets. I could use an order myself...
cpmcgraw is offline Find More Posts by cpmcgraw
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:16 AM
Independence, KY and Brandon, MS
Joined Jun 2000
701 Posts
I just received an order from Lone Star. It took about a week from the date of the order to delivery. I can't speak to their web site email based contact system, but their web site ordering system is working.

I had not seen the Model Aviation ad before placing my order. I did not get the 20 percent discount, but I also did not know to ask for it.

Paul Bradley
PaulBrad is offline Find More Posts by PaulBrad
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:02 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,228 Posts
They have been listing on eBay.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:36 AM
Experienced Balsa Mangler
United States, AL, Tillmans Corner
Joined Oct 2012
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBrad View Post
I just received an order from Lone Star. It took about a week from the date of the order to delivery. I can't speak to their web site email based contact system, but their web site ordering system is working.

Paul Bradley
Paul,

What mix of sizes did you order? Any 48" long, or 4" wide? That's what the bug says they're out of, and it's what I need...
cpmcgraw is offline Find More Posts by cpmcgraw
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:20 AM
Independence, KY and Brandon, MS
Joined Jun 2000
701 Posts
My order was for 36" long by 3" wide sheets and some 1/8x1/4 sticks. I did see the note on the web site that they were currently out of 4" wide sheet stock.

Paul
PaulBrad is offline Find More Posts by PaulBrad
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:06 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2004
933 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback, I will give them one more try.

Colin
ColinNZ is offline Find More Posts by ColinNZ