SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
F3P program

i looked around and found that each country has her F3P program to competition she does in the country.

few questions:
1. why there is no one program for any F3P contest in the world? like F3A...
2. how F3P level divided? i know that there is C, B ,A... - so what is "F3P- Expert"?
3. after some time the program changes?

there is no post that explain how F3P programm work... I'd be happy if you give me a link or upload the program.
Nadav Sharabi is offline Find More Posts by Nadav Sharabi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
The FAI F3P schedules and rules can be found here

http://www.fai.org/component/phocado...f3aerobatics12

There is no designated program for F3P-B, F3P-C and are generally specific to each country or even competition.

F3P Expert is was a schedule used in Germany where the older F3P-A Schedules were modified to allow pilots to be able to fly the schedules safely in the smaller venues generally used throughout Europe. ( I hope thats is correct if not Jurgen Helig will be able to clarify)
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
so what is the F3P-AM & F3P-AF ? what is the diffrent except the maneuvers?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:10 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
AM is a two minute flight to music

AF is Finals, after the preliminary rounds where the top placed pilots fly this more difficult schedule to sort the men from the boys
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
Andy, thanks for the answers...
what is it F3P-Sport?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:05 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadav Sharabi View Post
...what is it F3P-Sport?
+1.
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
F3P Sport is a schedule from the DFMV (Hope I got that correct)
Its an easier schedule to fly than the FAI Schedule and you may see other derivatives listed too

F3P-C is Entry level
F3P-B is Intermediate
F3P-A is normally the recognised FAI Schedule

Each level is a stepping stone to work towards FAI (f3P-A) competition standard
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:54 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
F3P Sport is a schedule from the DFMV (Hope I got that correct)
Its an easier schedule to fly than the FAI Schedule and you may see other derivatives listed too

F3P-C is Entry level
F3P-B is Intermediate
F3P-A is normally the recognised FAI Schedule

Each level is a stepping stone to work towards FAI (f3P-A) competition standard
Just want to add a bit of history ...

The first German Indoor Aerobatics Championship took place in 2001 with just two classes "Indoor Kunstflug Klasse Sport" und "Indoor Kunstflug Klasse Expert".

The Sport class was designed for rudder/elevator/throttle type indoor models, while the Expert class was supposed to give the top pilots a real challenge.

These two programs remained unchanged until 2003, when AeroMusicals was added as an experimental class.

In 2004 we saw a major change, when DMFV (German Model Flying Association) and DAeC (German Aero Club) started to co-operate and the schedules became F3AI-A (F3AI = F3A Indoor), F3AI-B and F3AI-AM. The previous schedules became F3AI-C and F3AI-D.

When the FAI finally recognized Indoor as a serious model sports activity, the name changed from F3AI to F3P.

End of 2008 the co-operation between DMFV and DAeC ended and as there were two German Indoor Aerobatics Championships now in 2009, I went back to the traditional names "Sport" and "Expert" and slightly modified the FAI schedules
to make them flyable in standard gyms, i.e. "no dreaded spin".

I also introduced a standard "S-Pattern" after take-off and added a quick landing after the last manoeuvre - to shorten the total flight times per competitor. Instead of using the FAI F3P-AF schedule, I chose to introduce two rounds of Unknowns "to seperate the men from the boys" (using some of the F3P-AF maneuvers for the Unknown too).

For 2012 the F3P-Sport class is a "tamed" version of the FAI F3P-A sequence.

F3P-Expert is identical to the current F3P-A sequence, except for standardised take-off and landing.

F3P-AM is identical to F3P-AFM.

F3P-EIAC is new. The pilots have to achieve place 1 to 12 in F3P-Expert to compete. They are now faced with two rounds of F3P-EIAC Known (= FAI F3P-AF with standardised take-off and landing) and two rounds of F3P-EIAC Unknown. The best normalized scores from Known and Unknown are added to determine the first European Indoor Aerobatics Champion!

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Just want to add a bit of history ...

The first German Indoor Aerobatics Championship took place in 2001 with just two classes "Indoor Kunstflug Klasse Sport" und "Indoor Kunstflug Klasse Expert".

The Sport class was designed for rudder/elevator/throttle type indoor models, while the Expert class was supposed to give the top pilots a real challenge.

These two programs remained unchanged until 2003, when AeroMusicals was added as an experimental class.

In 2004 we saw a major change, when DMFV (German Model Flying Association) and DAeC (German Aero Club) started to co-operate and the schedules became F3AI-A (F3AI = F3A Indoor), F3AI-B and F3AI-AM. The previous schedules became F3AI-C and F3AI-D.

When the FAI finally recognized Indoor as a serious model sports activity, the name changed from F3AI to F3P.

End of 2008 the co-operation between DMFV and DAeC ended and as there were two German Indoor Aerobatics Championships now in 2009, I went back to the traditional names "Sport" and "Expert" and slightly modified the FAI schedules
to make them flyable in standard gyms, i.e. "no dreaded spin".

I also introduced a standard "S-Pattern" after take-off and added a quick landing after the last manoeuvre - to shorten the total flight times per competitor. Instead of using the FAI F3P-AF schedule, I chose to introduce two rounds of Unknowns "to seperate the men from the boys" (using some of the F3P-AF maneuvers for the Unknown too).

For 2012 the F3P-Sport class is a "tamed" version of the FAI F3P-A sequence.

F3P-Expert is identical to the current F3P-A sequence, except for standardised take-off and landing.

F3P-AM is identical to F3P-AFM.

F3P-EIAC is new. The pilots have to achieve place 1 to 12 in F3P-Expert to compete. They are now faced with two rounds of F3P-EIAC Known (= FAI F3P-AF with standardised take-off and landing) and two rounds of F3P-EIAC Unknown. The best normalized scores from Known and Unknown are added to determine the first European Indoor Aerobatics Champion!

Jürgen
I can't believe how far we have come in such a short space of time
Its amazing for me when I realise that we are already into out 5th year of Indoor competition in the UK and still have only scratched the surface
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
2013 FAI World Championship for Aerobatic Model Aircraft, Class F3P

after F3P became an official FAI World Championship class we will have the first FAI World Championship beginning 2013 in Germany (post also submitted in this forum).

As in every sport everybody is free to design his own competition rules and schedules - as long as there is people that organize the contest and sportsmen that join.

For international use, standardization might be helpful, but is not mandatory. Fact is there is more and more contests linked to the FAI rules and it is much easier to compare world wide if you rely on the same rules ...

FAI shedules for F3P actual are redesigned every two years. 2014 we might have new ones.

So everybody enjoy the sport and hopefully see you some day at a competition ...

Karl-Ernst
Karl_f3p_GER is offline Find More Posts by Karl_f3p_GER
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined Jan 2005
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_f3p_GER View Post
FAI shedules for F3P actual are redesigned every two years. 2014 we might have new ones.
Do we actually know proposal for new P and F schedules ?

I will post soon French Proposal.

Loïc
lsky is offline Find More Posts by lsky
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2005
73 Posts
Attached the AP and AF we will send as proposal for 2014 and 2015.
lsky is offline Find More Posts by lsky
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:50 AM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
Hi Loic,

I look forward to seeing the schedules flown in an average 6.5m high hall. I think some of the manoeuvres look very demanding on height, assuming I am ready the aresti correctly that is

Andy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:23 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsky View Post
Attached the AP and AF we will send as proposal for 2014 and 2015.
Unfortunately the proposals were published too late to be considered for the EIAC Unknown (I just did a couple of hundred paper copies for the competition next weekend on Friday).

That being said, I had some similar ideas for the EIAC Unknown.

Jürgen

P.S.: Figure 6 in F3P-AP contains 1/2 roll on the way down after the stall turn. Might get a bit messy in a 6.5m hall.
Some of the Aresti signs for the rolls are curved in the wrong direction, but that can be easily fixed.
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Nov 04, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:33 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Unfortunately the proposals were published too late to be considered for the EIAC Unknown (I just did a couple of hundred paper copies for the competition next weekend on Friday).

That being said, I had some similar ideas for the EIAC Unknown.

Jürgen

P.S.: Figure 6 in F3P-AP contains 1/2 roll on the way down after the stall turn. Might get a bit messy in a 6.5m hall.
Some of the Aresti signs for the rolls are curved in the wrong direction, but that can be easily fixed.
That was my biggest concern for the F3P-AP 1/4 rolls on tap hats are challenging in the lower ceiling halls let alone half rolls