Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by oly_rcer
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
I was able to take my glassed stryker out yesterday. I did buy the CustomRCParts motor mount. It is sweet, no issues putting it together. Very good tolerances.

I noticed that any where around 60% throttle and up the plane would dive 3-5*. Originally I thought maybe it was the 4* positive incidence or 4* prop up in the motor mount but found later that my cg was a 1/4" aft. I was able to fix that issue with 10 g of chucky cheese tokens. it is slightly forward cg now. hopefully that helps...

Any ideas?
as long as you stay away from chucky cheese video games,should be okay
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2015, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by tuck
Rouge Field
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,173 Posts
Are you kidding my son would pitch a fit if he knew how I use the left over tokens.
Getting the cg slightly forward helped for calm throttle changes. However from a glide speed to light speed it really dives.

I wonder if I have been thinking thrust and incidence pertaining to pushers backwards, being it is a pusher not tractor. with my 3d planes, a tail heavy plane balloons when throttling down, and slightly dives when throttling up. Similar to what my stryker was is doing. Thrust angles are to prevent p factor, and slip stream in a tractor plane not a pusher. Being they are Yaw factors mostly. however p factor and motor torque could affect a pusher plane.
Again since this is new to me I hope some one will help me understand pusher thrust angles, and why and when to use up/down. Does using a pusher prop change factors?
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch
hondaboy92hatch
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2005
742 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if any of you know a good lazer cutting company that will cut a set of stock looking vertical finns for a stryker? I work 2 jobs have a bit of time to play but not many tools to cut ply.

Thanks in advance.
Joe
hondaboy92hatch is offline Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,843 Posts
Get coroplast from the sign section at your local lowes or Home Depot, do a search of this thread for fin template (or use the thread tools above to look at attachments in this thread), print a template and cut yourself some fins with a utility knife. Glue fins securely. Profit.

I have posts in this thread asking similar questions, most people use foam board or coroplast for replacement vertical fins
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by Little Ricky
United States, CA, Georgetown
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
Need some Dramamine to watch that video! Too much rolling and looping for me. It may be cool to catch all those aerobatics on camera but it sure is hard to watch...

(1st person shooter games - especially the games that over-emphasize the movement of the shooter as they walk - also give me trouble too so this is mostly my own issue with too much motion in videos).

Nice flight though.
Thanks!
Little Ricky is offline Find More Posts by Little Ricky
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by tuck
Rouge Field
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,173 Posts
Thanks Gryphon,
the up thrust helped tremendously, Barely any diving is perceivable during quick throttle up.

My Stryker is stupid fast, But getting boring quick. Time to try some rudders and a bigger batteries.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck