New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2015, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by jcny
Brooklyn, NY
Joined May 2005
5 Posts
Discussion
Building a Mini Vapor from parts, which glue to use?

I had to have a Mini Vapor, so I acquired all the parts. I know CA glue was what the factory used, but I want to be able to disassemble it for repairs.

Has anyone used a different glue which worked well? I'm wondering if Contact Cement would hold OK, and still give me the option to take it apart? I know just about any glue would weigh more that CA, but people have been having melting issues using CA Debonder. Does even ZAP Z-7 Debonder melt the plastic?

Also, any assembly tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated. For instance, when I dry fitted the Horizontal Stabilizer, it was not level with the brick holder on the fuselage. Should I "massage" it, or don't worry about it?

Thanks,
Jeff From Brooklyn
jcny is offline Find More Posts by jcny
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2015, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by jcny
Brooklyn, NY
Joined May 2005
5 Posts
Actually......

Horizon Hobbies recommended Welder Adhesive in the red tubes, so that is what I will try.

Jeff from Brooklyn
jcny is offline Find More Posts by jcny