HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Portugal
Joined Apr 2002
13 Posts
Discussion
Eage treeV4 stoped working

Hello all of you!

I think eagletree logger is a major tool for any RC modeler, but i'm felling unlucky with them.

The first one i have stopped working...it would get very hot on PIC sede, v3

After that bought a eagletree V4 150 AMP and last weekend as flying mine heli with it like i always do....conected The main pack...and The Power painel showed me The normal information..PKV..AMP...mah....rpm,and started flying it..
unfortunately when i landed The heli to check The mah consumed, saw that Power painel wasnt displaying any information neither The status led as blinking.!!
When arrived home i took it off from The heli in order to try to see something anormal, and after a while i checked that a small IC that is under from one of The current sensor legs is pinched from The outside..a small bubble....there isn't ay reason that can explain that..até least for me!!?
Can anyone help me please!?

Best regards to all of you, and thanks in advance
GRacing is offline Find More Posts by GRacing
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:21 PM
Portugal
Joined Apr 2002
13 Posts
Can´t anyone give me an input, specially from eagle tree!?!?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:45 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
I think you fried the voltage regulator IC. How many of what type cells were you running?
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 AM
Portugal
Joined Apr 2002
13 Posts
eagle tree problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhares View Post
I think you fried the voltage regulator IC. How many of what type cells were you running?
Mello

First of all , thank you for input...It seemed so that as The voltage regulator...can you please see its parte number!?
I cant see mine because of The burn defect..
im using The same Power hás i always used in The last 6months without any problemas until now...12S gensace 5300mah 30c limpo

Best regards
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:30 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Repairing it yourself is almost impossible. I'm assuming the issue with returning it to Eagletree is the long lead time from Portugal. Your's and mine are different. Mine has a lot more solder between the wires and the Hall effect sensor. Makes me wonder if you got the right version. The hall effect sensor says 100A too. Even if you replace the regulator, we still don't know why it died. I'll try to dig out mine this weekend but no promises. It's buried in the bottom of a boat I stored for the winter..

Meanwhile, I'd get a support ticket started so you can get real help.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi GRacing, and sorry to hear about your issue!

Is it possible that high voltage came in contact with one of the eLogger's input pins? The type of damage to the IC shown in the photo is usually what happens with high voltage. That IC is not field replaceable, and even if you did replace it, the unit will almost certainly not work (if I'm correct about the high voltage).

As Dave mentions, please open a support ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com and we'll get you taken care of. PS: that is a 150 amp sensor.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor