HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,511 Posts
If you don;t mind the looks, you can wrap the LG with sewing thread after you CA the delamination. Then CA the thread. This really gives a lot of strength
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
If you don;t mind the looks, you can wrap the LG with sewing thread after you CA the delamination. Then CA the thread. This really gives a lot of strength
+1! Just use black thread and it won't be noticeable.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:08 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
+1! Just use black thread and it won't be noticeable.
Even better use carbon fitments from carbon Tow (which i have tons of)
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:52 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,511 Posts
why do they call it TOW?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Does anyone need a Quantum 45A ESC? I'm getting ready to list it for $43 shipped. PM if your interested.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
why do they call it TOW?
I don't know where the name comes from to be honest.. but it's the strands of carbon fibre that would be woven into cloth.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Does anyone need a Quantum 45A ESC? I'm getting ready to list it for $43 shipped. PM if your interested.
I'd take it but have moved to gassers and larger planes. My original (old version) Q45 esc is still going strong, it was first flown in May 2010. Now, that esc is in my Addiction X and gets taxed everytime the sun go down.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:06 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Ryanair nice maiden vid.
you will grow to absolutely LOVE this plane.Flew mine again for the 1st time since I pulled the shaft out in KE spin.AND I love it tooooooo much!!!! I was invited by a mate to fly at their club yesterday and some of the guys that have never seen an AMR were shocked beyond belief at how fast it KE spins had an asbolute ball!
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Does anyone have an extra left side of the landing gear they'd like to sell me?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Ryanair nice maiden vid.
you will grow to absolutely LOVE this plane.Flew mine again for the 1st time since I pulled the shaft out in KE spin.AND I love it tooooooo much!!!! I was invited by a mate to fly at their club yesterday and some of the guys that have never seen an AMR were shocked beyond belief at how fast it KE spins had an asbolute ball!
should I be worried about my motor? I can't imagine that the spin is so violent that the shaft departs!!

But yeah, the spin is ridiculous. I brought it over to a new field with another guy who had an addiction and was waiting on his own ultimate AMR. Brought it high... waterfall, waterfall, nudge rudder, SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN as far down as I dared. It's a great crowd pleaser, easy to do, and looks so violent!

OT: I like your slick :P. The RC poison has got me good...
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:39 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
should I be worried about my motor? I can't imagine that the spin is so violent that the shaft departs!!

But yeah, the spin is ridiculous. I brought it over to a new field with another guy who had an addiction and was waiting on his own ultimate AMR. Brought it high... waterfall, waterfall, nudge rudder, SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN as far down as I dared. It's a great crowd pleaser, easy to do, and looks so violent!

OT: I like your slick :P. The RC poison has got me good...
Oh I was lucky in that only my shaft went(sent the nice PA CF spinner and VOX with it though) but yes it can happen,and worse has happened tp other guys.If memory serves me right Steve aka JetPlaneFlier had his whole motorbox break and it messed up the cowl aswell.
lol thanx,I like my slick aswellsometimes I wish I could fly them both simultaneously
It's all about throttle management in KE spins.Doing them at WOT will break something indefinitely but I've learnt just pulses on throttle gets it spinning LANK fast
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,702 Posts
Quote:
Oh I was lucky in that only my shaft went(sent the nice PA CF spinner and VOX with it though) but yes it can happen,and worse has happened tp other guys.If memory serves me right Steve aka JetPlaneFlier had his whole motorbox break and it messed up the cowl aswell.
lol thanx,I like my slick aswellsometimes I wish I could fly them both simultaneously
It's all about throttle management in KE spins.Doing them at WOT will break something indefinitely but I've learnt just pulses on throttle gets it spinning LANK fast
Thanks for the tip, I will hold back on doing full throttle KE spins and try to pulse the throttle. Certainly don't want things departing my fuse...
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
pleasure man.just to note.I don't have a thrust motor on mine.just to avoid confusion.the thrust motors CAN take LOTS of punishment.It's also less stress on the airframe if you pulse
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
pleasure man.just to note.I don't have a thrust motor on mine.just to avoid confusion.the thrust motors CAN take LOTS of punishment.It's also less stress on the airframe if you pulse
What motor are you running?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,367 Posts
rayonnair...so glad to hear all is going well with the AMR! Nice video as it has me stoked to get mine in the air. Oh well...maybe after the holiday.

What a great group of guys on this thread.
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee