HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2012, 07:17 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot View Post
I received my Carbon Cub earlier this week. I only have two flights on it, but so far I love it. I have a few more 180mah 25C packs coming from Hobby King for it and I want to make up some charge adapters for my CellPro 10S charger instead of using the included charger. The problem I am having is finding the female 3 pin connector to fit the EFlite connector on the stock (and Hobby King) battery packs. Does anyone know what connector this is? I looked on Horizon's website and even called tech support to see if they could point me in the right direction for some female pigtails to fit these connectors, to no avail.
Thanks, Travis
or you could get these:
http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-23...X--dsh-/Detail
or something similar from RCBABBLE
and this for charging:
http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, GA, Suwanee
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Hi all, I am new to the forum but have been reading the good advice here for awhile now. A couple years anyway now. I too joined the CC craze. Someone commented in this thread that MOST responses in a thread are negtaive and many folks that have good expiriences dont post, so I decided to join and throw my 2 cents in.

After reading about all the isssues with stuck servos I was concerned to even fly mine but of course that was not an option. I also did not want to cut a brand new plane open. I comprimised by hand drilling a very small hole in one side of the canopy even with the rudder and elevator servos and right above the foam. The whole is not noticeable at all but allowed me to spray (sparingly) some lube carefully onto the servos using the small lube tube attached to the aerosol can. I maidened her this morning after watching Joel's videos and following his advice all went well. I was able to fly two packs before the wind picked up too much to have fun. I only had to make one small mechanical adjustment to the loop in the rudder to have it trimmed perfectly. This little thing will slow down well or zip by and once I moved the rods in on the control horns I was much happier with the response on the rudder and elevator. As a matter of fact, I would recomend moving the control rod on those surfaces in before ever flying it. I have the elevator in the 3rd whole and the rudder in the second (from the surface). I will most likely move the elevator in one more whole for next flight. I like keeping it scale but also want to know I have the control if I need it. I would rather limit with the radio if needed. Anyway, she is a good bird and I enjoyed my 20 minutes of glory.
plane_insane is offline Find More Posts by plane_insane
Last edited by plane_insane; May 12, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,444 Posts
It's 7:42 AM. It's 50 F & sunny. There is not even so much as a breath of wind. I believe it is time to fly the CC! Heading to the field for some low & slow flying - and to practice full-flap landings until they're nice 'n greasy.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_insane View Post
Hi all, I am new to the forum but have been reading the good advice here for awhile now. A couple years anyway now. I too joined the CC craze. Someone commented in this thread that MOST responses in a thread are negtaive and many folks that have good expiriences dont post, so I decided to join and throw my 2 cents in.

After reading about all the isssues with stuck servos I was concerned to even fly mine but of course that was not an option. I also did not want to cut a brand new plane open. I comprimised by hand drilling a very small hole in one side of the canopy even with the rudder and elevator servos and right above the foam. The whole is not noticeable at all but allowed me to spray (sparingly) some lube carefully onto the servos using the small lube tube attached to the aerosol can. I maidened her this morning after watching Joel's videos and following his advice all went well. I was able to fly two packs before the wind picked up too much to have fun. I only had to make one small mechanical adjustment to the loop in the rudder to have it trimmed perfectly. This little thing will slow down well or zip by and once I moved the rods in on the control horns I was much happier with the response on the rudder and elevator. As a matter of fact, I would recomend moving the control rod on those surfaces in before ever flying it. I have the elevator in the 3rd whole and the rudder in the second (from the surface). I will most likely move the elevator in one more whole for next flight. I like keeping it scale but also want to know I have the control if I need it. I would rather limit with the radio if needed. Anyway, she is a good bird and I enjoyed my 20 minutes of glory.
Are you sure you want to spray lube on the servos?
I don't think you should do that.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old May 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
It's 7:42 AM. It's 50 F & sunny. There is not even so much as a breath of wind. I believe it is time to fly the CC! Heading to the field for some low & slow flying - and to practice full-flap landings until they're nice 'n greasy.

Joel
I love flying in the mornings. I usually get out just before sunrise. Have a great day:-)
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 12, 2012, 08:14 AM
UK
Joined Apr 2005
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
I sent mine back to www.rc-choppers.com who promised to fix the elevator and rudder servo issue and contact Horizon. They told me that they haven't heard abt any servo issues on the CC yet. Horizon UK also told me they haven't heard of any problems...

I just hope I won't get a new plane with the exact same issues...
According to this forum, Horizon UK have heard of at least two servo problems. One was mine.
Happymeal is offline Find More Posts by Happymeal
Old May 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Are you sure you want to spray lube on the servos?
I don't think you should do that.
Ron
Well, I have done this on my UM T-28, Champ and Sukhoi and have never had an issue or a failed or sticky servo. Like I said, I use it very sparingly, as in very small drops.

Funny ---- now that I am back home the wind seems to have died totally...........ah well. There is always this evening.
Old May 12, 2012, 08:27 AM
Registered Offender
Joined Apr 2008
2,150 Posts
if you spray anything on servos, make sure it has a high dielectric constant!
http://corrosionxproducts.com/electronics.html

Quote:

RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
if you spray anything on servos, make sure it has a high dielectric constant!
http://corrosionxproducts.com/electronics.html
Thanks - I use 2-26 by crc. high dialectric strength, plastic safe lubricant, penetrant, cleaner and corrosion inhibitor
Old May 12, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered Offender
Joined Apr 2008
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Thanks - I use 2-26 by crc. high dialectric strength, plastic safe lubricant, penetrant, cleaner and corrosion inhibitor
that should be fine! 51KV dielectric strength
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot View Post
I received my Carbon Cub earlier this week. I only have two flights on it, but so far I love it. I have a few more 180mah 25C packs coming from Hobby King for it and I want to make up some charge adapters for my CellPro 10S charger instead of using the included charger. The problem I am having is finding the female 3 pin connector to fit the EFlite connector on the stock (and Hobby King) battery packs. Does anyone know what connector this is? I looked on Horizon's website and even called tech support to see if they could point me in the right direction for some female pigtails to fit these connectors, to no avail.
Thanks, Travis
I like this harness already fabricated. No fuss no muss for 11 bucks.

Greg
Tree Rat RC is offline Find More Posts by Tree Rat RC
Old May 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Rat RC View Post
I like this harness already fabricated. No fuss no muss for 11 bucks.
Greg
It seems that multiple-battery parallel-charging cables, such as that one, are working out ok for many folks.

But.........I thought --- correct me if I'm wrong, here -- that one of the considerations is that there can be problems unless all of the batteries intended to be charged are at approximately the same level of discharge.

And getting charge readings on UM batteries can be problematic.

Rather than get into that tall grass, I've stayed with charging only one battery per charger.

Is there a definitive answer to the question of whether my concern is unfounded?

Dave

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 12, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
Hello everyone, I just got a Carbon Cub at my LHS yesterday and im very impressed with it. This is my first plane, but I have experience with 3D helicopters so I thought I would try a plane. First off the rudder on the plane feels very flimsy I actually bent it unboxing it, do you think there will be a better rudder. Also are there any tips for the maiden flight, like setup on the transmitter? I will be receiving my new dx7s on monday so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
stuglas69 is offline Find More Posts by stuglas69
Old May 12, 2012, 09:21 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
It seems that multiple-battery parallel-charging cables, such as that one, are working out ok for many folks.

But.........I thought --- correct me if I'm wrong, here -- that one of the considerations is that there can be problems unless all of the batteries intended to be charged are at approximately the same level of discharge.

And getting charge readings on UM batteries can be problematic.
When you fly with a timer, you end up with batteries that are VERY close, as far as voltage level. A few tenth of a volts is not that bad anyway, particularly with good batteries with high C charging capability.

It's also easy to make a small adapter so you can read UM cell and match them closely before charging them. It's also usefull to check balancing after you charge them. So you get results from your charger and the tester... Basically, a double check.

If you don't use a timer, I would say, stay safe and charge one by one (or get ready to have a slightly shorter life on your lipo).

Here's an adapter I made for my UMX 2S batteries:
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old May 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
282 Posts
Some pics of the CC and my Dumas Beaver. The CC has the 1-1/2" dubro wheels and the Beaver has the 1-1/4". They look prett good hangin out next to each other
I also got an extra set of floats for use on the Beaver. Its flying weight is only .2oz more than the CC so floatation should not be an issue.

Name: 000_1975.jpg
Views: 138
Size: 131.1 KB
Description:

Name: 000_1978.jpg
Views: 110
Size: 295.5 KB
Description:

Name: 000_1979.jpg
Views: 115
Size: 296.2 KB
Description:

Name: 000_1981.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 257.9 KB
Description:
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Last edited by airtimeallen; May 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM.