HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2008, 02:41 AM
Redwood City, CA
Joined May 2007
123 Posts
New Product
RCLogbook available on the App Store for iPhone/iPod Touch

CleverTangerine Software is pleased to announce the availability of their RC aircraft logbook application, RCLogbook, for the iPhone and iPod Touch (with OS 2.1) on the iTunes App Store.

RCLogbook is an application designed by an RC pilot for RC pilots who need a convenient and effortless logging solution for their RC aircraft and batteries.

Once you enter some basic facts on your aircraft and batteries (such as names, capacities, photos, and so on), RCLogbbok takes over to help you capture and edit information such as the total flight time, notes on a flight, or average current draw during a flight.

RCLogbook is designed to integrate seamlessly with your flying by traveling with you to the field. RCLogbook provides a flight timer allowing you to update logs as your flights unfold.

With RCLogbook, you can keep a log of each flight of your aircraft that includes the duration, notes on the flight, and the batteries that were flown. RCLogbook automatically tracks the total time on the airframe, number of flights, and so on. RCLogbook‘s built-in flight timer is fully integrated with the flight tracking making it easy to gather information. The timer supports count up and down modes and can chime to let you know what’s going on.

RCLogbook tracks battery charge and discharge cycles including resting voltages, discharge durations, and charge amounts. RCLogbook automatically updates discharge information at the end of a flight and can compute the average current draw during a flight. Using this information, you can watch the health of your batteries.

The user's guide and other RCLogbook information can be found on the web at http://www.clevertangerine.com.
twillis is offline Find More Posts by twillis
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:03 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Very cool, indeed!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:36 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
here you are.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old May 23, 2009, 04:53 AM
Wanaka, NZ
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
i cant find it on apps store, any ideas
qman is offline Find More Posts by qman
Old May 23, 2009, 06:42 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman
You could start with the review here, and there's a direct link to it from there...
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:51 PM
Fairbanks Alaska
Joined May 2010
182 Posts
Is there a similar app for Android?
unknown flyer is offline Find More Posts by unknown flyer
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:02 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc, Hranice
Joined Oct 2002
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Long time, I know ...

I'm very interested into this app too, but it seems it is available at the US AppStore only.

I have found other similar apps available at our local (Czech) store, but not this one.

Can we here do something with it? Are there any other colleagues outside US interresting in this app to persuade the developer open it also for the other markets? It seems to be very strange to me, when developer is not interested in to make more money to by selling such specific app all around the world ...

I can help with localization, if this is the cause!
Doctor is offline Find More Posts by Doctor
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,305 Posts
I just downloaded in from the app store. It's nice.
Little bit difficult to get used to but it's got good functionality.

Looking into an efficient numbering system for the batteries now. I've got quite a few of them haha
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2013, 02:33 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
351 Posts
Absolutely fantastic app. I have used it for at least a couple years now. For both my heli's and my airplanes. It's amazing if you use it correctly and persistently how much info about your aircraft and batteries you accumulate. When I get ready for new batteries this app is the first place I go for info on exsisting batteries. I use it on an ipad and that's my only complaint. The app is made for iPhone so on an ipad here can be some small issues. Nothing that affects performance. I really like this app.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
195 Posts
RCLogbook available on the App Store for iPhone/iPod Touch

I started using the app today and I see drawbacks:

- no way of entering the flight time and number of flights for existing models (you start from 0)

- no icloud sync (especially if you are using iphone and ipad).
- entering flight time only via stopwatch is not practical, you may forget to start or stop the clock. We have TX timers; checking and entering the time in the logbook seems more practical.

Any chance of improving that?

I really like the app so far, but some more work needs to be done.

Jure,

Slovenia
Phoinix is offline Find More Posts by Phoinix
Last edited by Phoinix; Apr 05, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:13 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
351 Posts
My take on your response:

I have my ipad set to backup to the cloud every nite when I'm charging it,so it is saving your info. I've changed ipad twice now and all my data comes down from the cloud backup.

I always enter my flight times manually after the flight. I use the timer on my TX. It isn't exact to the second but close enough to keep valuable flight data. Especially true for battery condition.

I've used this app for a long time and think it is great I just wish it would work in landscape mode. I fly some fixed wing aircraft and lots of helicopeters, and I find this app very valuable.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb