HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
761 Posts
Discussion
Cocklebarrow vintage flyin July 2014

The UK heatwave continued to give good vintage flying weather for the July vintage flyin organised by Paul and Val Howkins and which was much appreciated by all who attended.

Over 50 fliers registered with many having several models, so there was plenty to see and appreciate and of course to discuss. There were also a few boot sales as some modellers downsize ( I am coming under similar pressure like what do I need another model for - when pieces of my Cumulus surfaced from the workshop to be doped outside in the sunshine )

Once more, I took timeout from flying my Majestic Major to take photos of most of the models some were flying when I did my rounds. As the pixcel count of each picture is way too high to upload to the forum, I have to reduce these and this is taking a fair amount of time , so the photos will be uploaded in small batches.

!st batch includes the impressive Spook which spent a lot of time high in the sky in the booming thermals. The Tigershark was a design I could not recall but I was assured it was vintage. The big 90 span Tomboy had a striking colour scheme. A trio of models included a Scorpion , a Tomboy and another. The DH moth awaited assembly and was nicely flown later in the day powered by a home design 4 stroke.
A Ben Shereshaw Eaglet powered by an unusually long stroke diesel ( 5ccs , I think )
Finally, in this batch, a Bluebird waiting assembly, a nice set of wings on a Falcon and solartex shows off the framework of a Super 60

2 photos of some of the pit area show some of the models. With 3 lines of cars, there were more models scattered throughout as not everyone could get to the main pit area. Fortunatel the walk to the flight line was short. One of these photos shows the slope drop away and again we were fortunate in that the wind was coming up the hill - but anyone coming in high on deadstick had a bit of a trek!!

More photos to follow

John
John38 is offline Find More Posts by John38
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Blenheim, NZ
Joined Dec 2007
1,137 Posts
Nice

Nice John, thanks for making the effort.
Good to see th ailerons on the Shark. Some vintage models real;ly benefit from them.

Allan
AllanK1 is offline Find More Posts by AllanK1