HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:38 AM
kiwikanfli
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
Rant
What's going on HobbyKing?

This one has me mystified, placed a small order with HK on the 8th Sept. paid for and despatched on the 9th (according to HK website) via Hong Kong Post. By the 23rd no tracking had appeared (RC933216494HK), raised a support request to be told on the 24th that HK post was slowed because of security in case of Lipo's in parcels (NONE IN MINE).
This morning 26th still no tracking! Tonight checked and found new tracking no. on order for Singapore Post (Slower boat from China that) but at least I can assume it is coming??

What is it with HK, it seems obvious to me that it was never despatched, Lost? Mislaid? or just complete bull?

I have ordered stuff from at least 4 other suppliers in China and 3 or 4 in the States never ever had a problem with any in fact always great service and on time or sooner but never with HK.

THINK I WILL GO ELSEWHERE FROM NOW ON.
Kiwikanfli is offline Find More Posts by Kiwikanfli
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:05 AM
Canada, BC, Kimberley
Joined May 2013
50 Posts
I'm having the same issues here ... I have a Hong Kong post tracking # that doesn't work since Sept 7th and support can't tell me why. This seem to be happening to a lot of people.
psynaut is offline Find More Posts by psynaut
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:19 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,754 Posts
I can tell you that all types of things are slow shipping from China right now, I also use E-cigs and that stuff is getting hard to get out of there....
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 10, 2013, 04:25 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydvejam View Post
I can tell you that all types of things are slow shipping from China right now, I also use E-cigs and that stuff is getting hard to get out of there....
Yep....blame HobbyKing for HK Post's backlog (They're on their lipo and liquids witch hunt at the moment xraying every package and turning them back if they contain any of the aforementioned) ....Seems the popular thing to do

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Oct 10, 2013, 05:34 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
did 3 orders since
sep.15 speedpost air parcel
sep.23 regular singpost
oct.5 EMS speedpost

none of them arrived. i just drove to my LHS and picked up some lipos

i think they got tons of packages back from the courier. i ordered some lipos on sep.15, it was stuck at print queue for 11 days lol
IceRain29 is offline Find More Posts by IceRain29
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Sep 2013
12 Posts
How do you track your order? I have the order number but dont know how to use it. On the website, it shows as shipped as of a week ago after about a week of waiting.

Because of the battery shipping issue with hobby king, I ordered a battery from a amazon instead that just so happen to be the same one from HK. That took two days. This doesnt make sence to me.
Sigma207 is offline Find More Posts by Sigma207
Old Oct 16, 2013, 04:06 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,754 Posts
Ordered Sept 28 JIT and Speed post, should be at my house today with any luck, if not then tomorrow. They still sent it swiss post though >.<. Still saved me a ton on a nice DLG though so I can not complain too much.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:46 AM
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
845 Posts
Anyone knows what happened at Hobby King? I ordered since 28th Sept 2013 and still haven't deliver out. Btw no lipo inside.
ican3d is offline Find More Posts by ican3d
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:57 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I placed an order from HobbyKing on September 12, 2013 and I still haven't received my order . I did not order any batteries so what is the holdup? The tracking number didn't work so I posted that on the support page a few weeks later. They checked on it and posted a new tracking number which shows shipping information received on Sept 10,2013 which is 2 days before I placed my order. Come on Hobby King, I have placed several orders from them before from China and never had an issue. This has been a very frustrating order and will probably be my last. If they don't have it in the US warehouse forget it.
ita47 is offline Find More Posts by ita47
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:16 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I just tried to send an email to support@unitedhobbies.com which is the email address listed on my pay-pal receipt. The email came back with the message "The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full". What is going on with Hobby King? I would advise that no one place an order from HK until they get this problem straightened out.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Jan 2011
565 Posts
Pretty sure Hong Kong post is just broken, with the storm now the lipo hunt.

My order from rctimer was at the HK post office for 23/9 - tracking numbers still dont work so it has not been scanned by the hong kong post office.

Rctimer say that it's at the post office and cannot give an eta of when it will get accepted. No lipos in my order but I do need some motors! Apm quad is sat on my bench still.

I have opened a paypal dispute and may well claim soon so I can buy some locally, hopefully rctimer can get the packages back from the post office.
edk83 is offline Find More Posts by edk83
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:20 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I am glad to report that my order finally arrived today. I will think twice before ordering again this was the longest I have ever waited for anything I have ordered. If they don't have it in the U.S. warehouse I probably won't order from them.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
Vienna calling...
Ísterreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,310 Posts
Today I received my order including Lipos made at Sept. 16th

Only three small Lipos, and a small motor and a servo.

Repacked - two new, additional cardboxes for the Lipos, warning stickers, and Fedex shipping...

Blame on HK post.

All orders from Hongkong are extremely slow actually, have about 10 in last month, but some (without Lipos) are still on the way, for about 4 weeks now.

Explanations from Hobbyking:

HK Post: Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services (10 Sep 2013) **Updated on 9/22/2013**
10 September 2013
Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services

THIS INFO(AND UPDATES)IS ABOUT HONG KONG POST;NOT COMING FROM HOBBYKING

To safeguard aviation security, Hongkong Post does not accept the sending of air mail items (including Speedpost) that contain dangerous articles such as perfumery products, lighters and lithium batteries. Hence, all mail items entering the Air Mail Center are subject to x-ray screening. Recently, there is an increasing number of air mail items detected to contain suspected dangerous articles, in particular, lithium batteries, which lengthens the screening process. In this connection, air mail registration service, iMail service and Bulk Air Mail service may be subject to delay. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.

Source: Hongkong Post - Notices - Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services

The postal union has launched a wave of scrutiny yesterday which covers all major postal airmail shippers in Asia.

all battery/e-liquid airmail packages are being affected at this time. This includes HKP/USPS, and Singapore Post.

Here is what's happening:

1. Packages with primarily e-liquid and/or lithium batteries in them are now more likely to get caught and get returned to us.

UPDATE (9/22): We confirmed only lithium batteries are being classified into contraband goods. If the package didn't contain any lithium batteries, it still can be shipped. But please aware that it might still has the delay problem as Hong Kong Post still scanning the packages one by one.

2. Packages *not* containing e-liquids/lithium batteries will ship normally via SG post at regular speed. However those shipped via HK post will get delayed by 5 to 7 days (as we're told) as they queue up for the new mandatory x-ray scans.

Again, until this loosens, there is a higher chance for packages consisting of only e-liquid and/or lithium batteries to be returned to us by shipping carriers.

We'll monitor and update as this situation develops.

We apologize for this and thank you for your understanding.

NEW UPDATE FROM OCTOBER 5TH

New Update for Packages That Stuck at Hong Kong Post and shown as "Acceptance"
As we mentioned last week that we will give the final solution for the packages that stuck at Hong Kong Post for weeks. After numerous complaints and multiple visits, for the packages are still waiting to be processed without an estimate of the process, The Hong Kong Post finally gave us a posting guarantee to sign and have guaranteed that all packages will be processed within next week.

The guarantee is designed to speed up the processing of the packages. It requests us to guarantee that all packages must be completely free of LiPO batteries and we have to accept the consequences. In the meantime, they will put a signed sticker on the packages to give the packages priority treatment for processing.

You can expect the tracking status updating or a return and refund notification email sent to you within next week. But please kindly be aware that tracking status updating doesn't mean that the package will make the delivery for certain. This is only to speed up the package processing, they will still need to pass through the X-ray scanning.

The Hong Kong Post also promised that they will arrange the returns right away once confirmed there has batteries contained in the package. But according to our monitoring, some packages that containing batteries still get shipped, we will keep in touch with Hong Kong Post daily

We know this is become a long-overdue issue and we understand that this is frustrating and no one will possibly like any part of this. But we are here to work with you and we truly want to get this issue resolved properly ASAP.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding.
donaldsneffe ist gerade online Beitrag melden Mit Zitat antworten

OTHER COMPANY INFO(Hobby King should have done too-to inform)

Packages Stuck at HK Post for 8 Weeks

This is only limited to the packages that are stuck in inspection for 8 weeks
Because of the recent strict inspection on the packages that shipped via Hong Kong Post, most of the packages are stuck at Hong Kong Post and waiting to be processed. During daily monitoring, we've found the longest package was the one we shipped on 8/28. We've contacted the Hong Kong Post almost everyday but they only promised that they will be constantly working on these issues until they're resolved, but they don't currently have a date for when that will be.

As the situation has not improved and there is no sign of the exact time for the settlement.

We apologize for this and thank you for your understanding.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Mar 2012
86 Posts
I had ordered a servo and kk2 board on Sept 4th, marked shipped with tracking info on Sept 9th. Tracking number still doesn't show anything, been in constant contact with Hobby King only for them to say( every time) check with your post office. They never gave me any info on issues, and after the 39 day waiting period they only said check with your post office. So I opened a claim thru paypal, and Hobby King responds with, Kindly remove your claim, and then we will investigate your tracking number. That is all they had to say after 48 days.
At this point not sure if the cheaper price is worth the wait???????
donandtheresa is online now Find More Posts by donandtheresa
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:41 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
151 Posts
The thing is how to know when everything returns to normal I just checked my purchase history having almost $4K spent with them in 2+ years but to be honest with you, with some orders specially my last one, was (or "is" cause I haven't received my stuffs yet) a real pain and everybody knows how "good" is the HK customer service . I think is time at least for me to pay more locally but sure about what and when I'm going to get my order. I have to admit HK has good products but wow...that roller coaster effect every time you click on the "PLACE ORDER" button is not healthy...bottom line..YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
larryoakley is offline Find More Posts by larryoakley