HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
Garage Foamologist...
United States, IA, Dubuque
Joined Jul 2010
175 Posts
Help!
Can anyone tell me about this car?

Was given this car 5 or 6 years ago and it went to the storage box. Now my son is old enough and wants to get it running. All of my R/C vehicles have wings so I need your help. I charged the battery, connected all wires, TX/RX (from another old nitro RS4) was connected and switched on and....nothing! Can't get it to run.
I will probably get a new ESC and motor of the brushless kind but I need to know what size, gear teeth? Thanks for your help.
mrjoshua is online now Find More Posts by mrjoshua
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2013, 09:11 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,359 Posts
That looks like a Trinity T Spec class chassis I saw the Trinity logo on the rear pod. I bet those are 64 pitch pinions. You can get a finer gear ratio for carpet racing. Here is a new spec class racing chassis http://www.rjspeed.com/

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=64P&search=Go Pinions
You could use the 48 pitch pinion and spurs as well
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Last edited by mredzadventure; Jul 11, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:36 AM
Garage Foamologist...
Joined Jul 2010
175 Posts
Thanks mredzadventure,
I guess this may not be the best chassis to rebuild for a 5 yr old to run around? We do not have an indoor track here, any guess on the size of the motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
That looks like a Trinity T Spec class chassis I saw the Trinity logo on the rear pod. I bet those are 64 pitch pinions. You can get a finer gear ratio for carpet racing. Here is a new spec class racing chassis http://www.rjspeed.com/

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=64P&search=Go Pinions
You could use the 48 pitch pinion and spurs as well
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:57 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post
Thanks mredzadventure,
I guess this may not be the best chassis to rebuild for a 5 yr old to run around? We do not have an indoor track here, any guess on the size of the motor?
I think a 5 year old will like an offroad car better, so he can run around more sorts of terrain. I would lean towards a truggy.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:39 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post
Thanks mredzadventure,
That is a Trinity Speed Gem 2 Jade 15 turn motor

Here are the new ones http://www.trinityrc.net/shop/index....ry&path=72_114

You could run that with some hard foam tires on a parking lot. The bigger issue might be parts for the car. Ebay may have some. I might find a cheap brushed esc and clean the motor to see how it runs It would be a inexpensive little project. See if you kid likes it. You coan always pull the ESC motor and radio out in to a different chassis.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 09:21 PM
United States, WI, Shawano
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
+ 1 on the off road

You have a cool little indoor/carpet car there but I have to agree your son will have an easier time getting the feel for rc with something that will be a little more forgiving with bumps ,jumps ect .

A close friend of mine tried starting his son off with a ridged pan car at the age of 7 and his son had the car destroyed in under an hour just trying to run it in a busted up parking lot He never ran it into anything just the cracks and such were to much for the car

I started my son out on old 1/10 stadium trucks becouse I was able to find them fairly cheap

you can always save it for him when he gets a little older
candw is offline Find More Posts by candw
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
Garage Foamologist...
Joined Jul 2010
175 Posts
Thanks for the info RCG'ers. I will put it away for a few more years and get something off-road.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
that car is not a T-spec.. I had several and they look nothing like that. Its a pan car of some kind. looks similar to an old bolink that I had years ago.. direct drive motor.. made for a great carpet racer at the time, not a great car for bashing.. They weren't designed for crashing and any jarring throws the chassis out of wack.. as others have said, get a 1/10th truck.. durable and fun..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:28 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,788 Posts
There was two Trinity T Specs... one was a pan car, the other was a touring car.

Another site listing on identical to this as a T Spec.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-pan-cars.html
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:13 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,359 Posts
I thought it might have been a Bolink car at first to, but the Trinity logo on the side of the rear pod made me think other wise. The had a Street Spec if I remember correctly It's a blast from the past for sure.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 01:10 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
There was two Trinity T Specs... one was a pan car, the other was a touring car.

Another site listing on identical to this as a T Spec.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-pan-cars.html
Been doing this for a long time and I had no idea they made a pan car. Never saw one in any of the races I've been to in the past.. looks just like my old Bolink however with some small changes..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1