Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:31 PM
the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2005
43 Posts
Firmware 1.6 rev 3

OK, reading this thread I see peolple using FW1.6 on their kk2.0 board in combination with the SSG. Am I missing something?? I have 1.6++ rev 3 on my kk2.0 board and there is a gimbal option, but not with the option to mix bot signals to control the SSG

Do I have the wrong firmware? Is there a setting I have missed or is there somewhere a fw to be found now RC911 is off the grid

Oh btw no cppm (Turnigy 9xr with assan module)
hunter58 is offline Find More Posts by hunter58
Last edited by hunter58; Jun 25, 2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: TX /RX added
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:07 PM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
the satellite version of the firmware features SSG control, although it may work only with DSM2 satellite plus suitable conversion lead (to be honest, I know zero about any radio standard other than dsm2/dsmx!). with standard receivers on the kk2 you're obviously stuck with the 5 channels that you need to control the aircraft and switch SL.

edit:
btw, RC911 now resides at http://www.multikopter.co.uk/forum/forum/9-kk/ - you'll need to register to be able to read anything there though.
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Last edited by ukbren; Jun 25, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:43 PM
Rapidly aging user
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined May 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter58 View Post
OK, reading this thread I see peolple using FW1.6 on their kk2.0 board in combination with the SSG. Am I missing something?? I have 1.6++ rev 3 on my kk2.0 board and there is a gimbal option, but not with the option to mix bot signals to control the SSG
Hunter - I use the same firmware on my 2.0...........on the gimble screen, just set Mixing to "Diff" & start playing w/ the roll/pitch gain settings ( I'm around 930). Servos go on the #7 & 8 posts. I'm using Devo 7e/Deviation w/ Orange 620 dms2 rx.....
Ralph
raw89 is offline Find More Posts by raw89
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:16 AM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
I could be wrong but I read it as though hunter58 wanted to control pitch/roll of the SSG via his TX.
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:08 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,234 Posts
Probably been asked before so sorry if this is a repeat but has anyone created a list of successful servos? I did find a list on Google Docs but it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Mark

My build page of this (hopefully) awesome idea:
http://www.itsqv.com/QVW/index.php?t..._Simple_Gimbal

mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:03 PM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
368 Posts
Not sure if I should ask this here or in the KK 2.1 thread, but here goes. Is there any reason NOT to use a second, separate battery to power the M2-M8 buss on a KK 2.1 board? The reason for my question is that I'm using a Q-Brain ESC, it only has one BEC, I never made provisions for hooking a UBEC to my main flight battery, and I don't really want to tear it apart to do it now . I have a couple of small 3S batteries on hand, and it would be much simpler to use one to power the UBEC to power the servos for my SSG. I tried it to test my SSG on the bench this evening, everything worked right the first time , but I don't know if it would prove problematic once I get it in the air. Thanks in advance, guys.

Dave
daved20319 is offline Find More Posts by daved20319
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:00 PM
surf monkey
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2011
900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
Not sure if I should ask this here or in the KK 2.1 thread, but here goes. Is there any reason NOT to use a second, separate battery to power the M2-M8 buss on a KK 2.1 board? The reason for my question is that I'm using a Q-Brain ESC, it only has one BEC, I never made provisions for hooking a UBEC to my main flight battery, and I don't really want to tear it apart to do it now . I have a couple of small 3S batteries on hand, and it would be much simpler to use one to power the UBEC to power the servos for my SSG. I tried it to test my SSG on the bench this evening, everything worked right the first time , but I don't know if it would prove problematic once I get it in the air. Thanks in advance, guys.

Dave
not tested/unverified, but sometimes there can be issues with signalling for the ESC's, possibly the Rx too, when there are two separate grounds that aren't connected (grounds from the two separate batteries). You'd have to test it yourself though. If it turns out not to be an issue, then you should be good to go...
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,318 Posts
Is SSG "mixed" mode available with MultiWii flight controllers?

Thanks!

scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by changosurf View Post
not tested/unverified, but sometimes there can be issues with signalling for the ESC's, possibly the Rx too, when there are two separate grounds that aren't connected (grounds from the two separate batteries). You'd have to test it yourself though. If it turns out not to be an issue, then you should be good to go...
From what I understand all of the ground pins are connected to the ground plane of the board, therefore everything shares a single ground.
boaterguy is online now Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Gone with the Mistral
France, PACA, 13
Joined Jun 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Is SSG "mixed" mode available with MultiWii flight controllers?

Thanks!

Yes it is, look in the config.h configuration file.

/*********************** Cam Stabilisation ***********************/
/* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system. Uncomment the first or second line to activate it */
#define SERVO_MIX_TILT
//#define SERVO_TILT
ztoon13 is offline Find More Posts by ztoon13