Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Mixing have you tied it ?

I have over 20 flights despite the lousy weather and the Dec needs lotsa rudder.
Winter flying has its difficulties and this constant heavy rudder could be helped a bit with mixing program ? I guess I have been flying to many light foamies .
Has any one ever used mixing.
I want to put some rudder with the ailerons and was wondering where to start?
I have a Spectrum 8 . I can setup the radio i am pretty sure I understand how it works. Is there any formulas or starting points or just put 10% rudder in there and try it? . Is this idea a good one ? Any help would be appreciated
...Tedward
tedward is offline Find More Posts by tedward
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:35 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,793 Posts
Best thing to do, is just USE the rudder.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:43 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,667 Posts
Cubcrazy is right, but being the lazy guy I am, I will mix some rudder on a model like this. I just did so with my new Durafly SE-5, and ended up at the 30% mark, or so on it. I also mix a bit of rudder in my 1.4 meter Stuka, as the rudder on it is VERY effective, and ended up with about 10% on it. So it really depends on the model. I would say 20% is not a bad place to start. Just make sure you mix it in the correct direction! -----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:40 AM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
Heres the damage (cowl)

the rest of the plane is fine,

ill probably start building it next week
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:31 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,667 Posts
ED3: Remember, the cowl is painted on the INSIDE, so it is touched up pretty easily. The cracks, however, are another matter. I glued mine with CA, after taping the inside, wicking it in the cracks.-------Metalguy
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:11 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
i will touck it up and probabbly use criss cross tape ( fiber tape)

i will also need to replace the elevator servo it does not center AT ALL

the rest are good
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:09 PM
United States, CA, Newport Beach
Joined Feb 2012
19 Posts
HK Super Decathlon build questons....

Thanks much to all you guys and your ideas and suggestions for building this model....

1. I would like to learn what battery pack mounting ideas that you came up with. That sloped shelf is too hidden to build in straps, etc., and, concerned that velcro might not be enough holding strength.

2. And, where did you guys mount your receivers.

3. The tail feathers control wire/strut wire that came with the kit is odd. If you string the light wire around the surfaces, there seems to be no method to anchor the wire in each location. Maybe, it is meant to string it all in place, tweak the tail surfaces dead perfect and then put a drop of thick CA into each wire pass-thru to lock it from slipping. What are you ideas.....??? Thanks, Skywagon
skywagon is offline Find More Posts by skywagon
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:49 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
what holds the wings??? wing struts are not enough the wing has a lot of sag
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:55 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywagon View Post
Thanks much to all you guys and your ideas and suggestions for building this model....

1. I would like to learn what battery pack mounting ideas that you came up with. That sloped shelf is too hidden to build in straps, etc., and, concerned that velcro might not be enough holding strength.

3. The tail feathers control wire/strut wire that came with the kit is odd. If you string the light wire around the surfaces, there seems to be no method to anchor the wire in each location. Maybe, it is meant to string it all in place, tweak the tail surfaces dead perfect and then put a drop of thick CA into each wire pass-thru to lock it from slipping. What are you ideas.....??? Thanks, Skywagon
i did not like that idea either i have to stick my whole hand just to put the battery in, but i used induustrial velcro,

i mounted the receiver on the side of the fuselage, and my BEC on the other side, i changed my esc, (80 amp castle with seperate BEC) , i did not not used the wire i used alot of foam safe CA and kicker on the bottom, the sides and on top

ed
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED3 View Post
what holds the wings??? wing struts are not enough the wing has a lot of sag
If your wings sag....... then you have your strut mount on the wrong side of the wing strut mount attach fittings. The directions are very poor.
Wings are held on with one bolt on the bottom of strut to fuselage and one pinch bolt in the wing. Do not onertighten the pinch bolt Wings come on and off fast for transporting.
Tedward
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywagon View Post

You will notice there is two holes for the support wire at each location, this is for a 360 deg. wire wrap arround..... this will not slip. Please use a plastic square to true up the elevator, crimp the two ends together under the fuselage .
I hope this helps. This is a difficult job but I would not fly with out it.
Tedward
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:47 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,667 Posts
I did pretty much what Tedward did with the tail flying wires. Not too crazy about them, but they seem to be holding up. ----Metalguy
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:18 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
everything is the way it should be.... there si NO MORE sag , but there is a gap (pics)
is there something i missed??
what would happed if i fly in this condition?
i just want to get this plane in the air

any close up pics of the wire installation, these are the parts that are left

ed
Last edited by ED3; Mar 05, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED3 View Post
everything is the way it should be.... there si NO MORE sag , but there is a gap (pics)
is there something i missed??
what would happed if i fly in this condition?
i just want to get this plane in the air

any close up pics of the wire installation, these are the parts that are left

ed
Picture of the parts on the right are the pinch bolt ass. This is glued into the wing . Do not fly with out it. The guide tubes go into the pinching ass. before you glue it up. Do not get glue inside the ass.
This will eliminate the wing gap.
Tedward
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:24 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedward View Post
Picture of the parts on the right are the pinch bolt ass. This is glued into the wing . Do not fly with out it. The guide tubes go into the pinching ass. before you glue it up. Do not get glue inside the ass.
This will eliminate the wing gap.
Tedward
took me a few minutes to figure it out, all i need is a battery, and a good day, it suppose to rain the next 2-3 days.
thanks for th help , iwas really stumped