HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:21 AM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
953 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Eyes Firmware update error

Just started to test my Eagle Eyes and decided to download software version 8.44. This successfully updated the OSD Pro and eLogger v3.

When trying to update the Eagle Eyes to version 1.02 all I get is Firmware error disconnect USB connection and try again. I've tried two different USB leads, and 6 (4 on my hub extender) different USB sockets on my Win XP machine but always the same message. Eagle Eyes is recognised by the USB port that reports it is ready for use.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Oops - restarted PC and all now ok and update completed.
Peter Seddon is offline Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Last edited by Peter Seddon; Apr 25, 2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Problem solved
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 11:48 AM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
hello.
i have same error,but rebooting the computer don't solve the issue.
when i press the update button,the pc sound like usb was disconnected,reconected,disconected,reconected...a nd then,an error message that i have to discnnect and try again.
tried the 8.31 and the 8.48,in windows vista and xp,two different computers,two different USB cables,and varios USB ports.
the data recorder software,under "harware""firmware control" says:
"eagle eyes firmware version UNKNOW"

with the XP computer,and the latest software version,says that the data recorder software version is too old to run with the eagle eyes
the eagle eyes is from the newest units.
can somebody give me any idea to try?
xiro6 is offline Find More Posts by xiro6
Old May 17, 2010, 09:31 PM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Hi all.

I have the same problem here. When i start to upgrade the bios, the same error occurred. To solve the problem. i change the computer.

I start to upgrade from my notebook. When i change to my desktop, i can upgrade successful.
kreu01 is offline Find More Posts by kreu01
Old May 19, 2010, 01:26 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Xiro6, can you describe the USB cable you are using? Is it very long? Is it possible it's not a full speed USB cable? If you have another cable, that might be worth trying. Also, if you have a USB hub, could you please try that?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2010, 03:43 AM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
thanks for the responses.
billpa,i'm trying 3 usb cables,on of them is a data transfer cable from a motorola phone,and the two other came from a mobile hi-speed internet connection.
it's suposed to be 2.0
the usb hub was triyed,but not a solution.

Last edited by xiro6; May 19, 2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:22 AM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
well,7 different cables,plugged in the four usb ports,and same problem.
notice that one of the cables have two plugs in parallel,to avoid current drop due to low power usb ports in some computers,but this seems not the problem,and this computer its suposed to manage lots of power.
alwais the last step is the most complicated

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for informative purposes,i think the unit is from the latest units.
marked Rev "C1 2010"
Last edited by xiro6; May 19, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:45 PM
Joined May 2010
5 Posts
eagleeyes update error

Hello everyone,

got the same problem : just updating both osd pro and elogger, everything was ok but the eagleeyes encountered the same problem : error while trying to update...any solution Bill? Thanks!!!
altus78 is offline Find More Posts by altus78
Old May 19, 2010, 05:47 PM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
in adittion,i'm now trying things with the computer,searching over the internet to people who has the same disconection problem with other electronics(mp3,modems,etc) but this is quite different,because mine device can't run himselve.i can't run it because they don't seem to start up.if i connect it to the servos,video receivers and battery,they not respond to the OSD menus,having too much interferences in video signal,not led lights,and the servos make some noise,and i can move them without effort.it seem to remain off.
sorry for my bad english.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:23 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
xiro6/altus78, sorry about the firmware update problem you're having. I'll be working on a repro and hopefully a fix this weekend.

if, after the update fails, you disconnect the EagleEyes from USB, and reconnect it to USB, then restart the software, does the update succeed?
Site Sponsor
Old May 21, 2010, 03:18 AM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
mine not.
even leave it conected about an hour,because i read some fix it this way,but mine not.
thanks for yout attention
Old May 21, 2010, 11:06 AM
Joined May 2010
5 Posts
update ok by chance...

hello Bill and Xyro,

found a way to succeed by chance :
I reinstalled a former software release (8.26 i guess) and the update worked this time...Don't know why exactly...Only Bill will know, maybe...
Hope it will work for you,

See u,
altus78 is offline Find More Posts by altus78
Old May 21, 2010, 05:48 PM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
i see two or three post saying that an old firmware solve some update issues,and then,they can upgrade all together to the latest firmware.
but eagle tree says that this can cause some more issues.
anyway,i can't downgrade because i haven't any older software
Old May 22, 2010, 09:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
All, sorry for the intermittent firmware update issue with EagleEyes.

Version 8.52 should address this issue. Please install it from here, and your EE firmware should update correctly to version 1.03:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe

Please let me know of any issues.
Site Sponsor
Old May 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
Joined May 2010
21 Posts
Problem persist...

Tried the newest revivion, still not able to update Eagleeyes, tried 4 cables et 2 different computers, always same error message...

Thanks for the support.....
Alexs
leopaul30 is offline Find More Posts by leopaul30
Old May 23, 2010, 01:12 PM
Victor Otero
Espaņa, GA, A Coruņa
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
same with mine.not working.
but i think that there is a problem with the uninstallation of the software,because first time,the software ask for some configuration steps,and have to connect any of the components (v3 logger,OSD...)
but when i uninstall the present software,and install any other version,the software remember the model name and other parameters.
i think the problem was generated the first time,and stay there even if we uninstall all the software.
have to try the 8.52 in a computer that never before have installed any version of the software.