Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
hahaha nice.well that's not too bad.was just thinking of space.since it's fairly limited
The Evil Twin is set for 3S 2200 ..... so there is room ... just !

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:29 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBusenitz View Post
Wow. I just got this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11884 motor on my parkjet. Flew it yesterday. Haven't got a chance to clock it yet, but I know its a good 20-30 mph faster than my brothers stock MK2. I am using a 4.1x4.1 on 3s. I will get some amp/watts figures posted shortly.
Get a video of it with some passes so we can doppler ...

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:34 AM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The Evil Twin is set for 3S 2200 ..... so there is room ... just !

Nigel
just get dem AMPS down
at 100A I think that poor lipo will die a quick horrible death
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
just get dem AMPS down
at 100A I think that poor lipo will die a quick horrible death
Tell me about it !

Two roads to solution .....

a) EPA the throttle down using a Wattmeter to max allowed for the LiPo's. 2200 at 25C = 55A less little for safety ... so set at 50A. I have 50A ESC's so not a problem. That would give about 2.6mins full charge time ... say 2mins safe.

b) Swap out for smaller less power motors that will allow full throttle still within 50 - 60A region ..

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:15 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
487 Posts
Finally, found a good Parkjet thread! Question....I have seen a lot of really nice paint jobs here. How do you get the paint to stay on your birds? I went with a basic high-visibility scheme on mine but the paint is not wanting to stay put. I was thinking of clear coating it with epoxy enamel. Suggestions?
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:24 AM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
Finally, found a good Parkjet thread! Question....I have seen a lot of really nice paint jobs here. How do you get the paint to stay on your birds? I went with a basic high-visibility scheme on mine but the paint is not wanting to stay put. I was thinking of clear coating it with epoxy enamel. Suggestions?
Damn ur PJ looks wicked.awsome scheme!
you could use polyurethane varnish.will make it more sleek aswell and slippery through the air.even add some strength
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:00 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Before painting do a alcohol wipedown.

Polycrylic to seal paint - It's water based. i prefer Gloss
http://www.lowes.com/pd_164668-24-35...lic&facetInfo=
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Dec 02, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:24 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
487 Posts
-Damn ur PJ looks wicked.awsome scheme!
you could use polyurethane varnish.will make it more sleek aswell and slippery through the air.even add some strength.-

Thanks. I wasn't going for detail, I just need to be able see it at high speed.


-Before painting do a alcohol wipedown.

Polycrylic to seal paint - Gloss, is water based-

That's where I think I messed up. I thought the paint (Plastic Fusion) would adhere better but........
So that Polycrylic is pretty tough stuff?
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:16 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I wouldn't call it tough no. You can tell it's there.
But it will seal the paint to help stop the chipping.
You should try it. It's worth a test run.
Put 3 or 4 coats on it. Recoat every 20 minutes.

Also, a lot of people basecoat with Polycrylic before painting. Paint adheres well to it.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:10 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
487 Posts
Got it all clear coated, thanks for the suggestions. How about initial elevon settings?
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:33 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
TheCure's Avatar
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
Got it all clear coated, thanks for the suggestions. How about initial elevon settings?
i just tried the polycrylic too. i chose the semi-gloss. i diluted about 2:1 poly:water and ran through my airbrush with .5mm tip at 80psi.
it runs super smooth at this dilution, whereas undiluted it clogged immediatly.

its still drying after an hour. i probably wont put on other coats right now - no time. i'll wait to see it that one coat is enough.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:38 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Aerosol can is the way to go from my experience. Hanging outside, totally dry in 30 minutes. I tried airbrushing Polycrylic and didn't really like it. Others have had good luck though.

Turbovector, do you like the clear?
To me the PJ is twitchy as heck.
I like lower rates. Maybe start around 60 and 40 expo? It's easy and free to step up after a test spin/trimming flight, you know. Without looking I think I'm around 75 and 30 now.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
United States, KS, Potwin
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Tell me about it !

Two roads to solution .....

a) EPA the throttle down using a Wattmeter to max allowed for the LiPo's. 2200 at 25C = 55A less little for safety ... so set at 50A. I have 50A ESC's so not a problem. That would give about 2.6mins full charge time ... say 2mins safe.

b) Swap out for smaller less power motors that will allow full throttle still within 50 - 60A region ..

Nigel
c) Prop down to 4.5 or 4.1.
BenBusenitz is offline Find More Posts by BenBusenitz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:47 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Aerosol can is the way to go from my experience. Hanging outside, totally dry in 30 minutes. I tried airbrushing Polycrylic and didn't really like it. Others have had good luck though.

Turbovector, do you like the clear?
To me the PJ is twitchy as heck.
I like lower rates. Maybe start around 60 and 40 expo? It's easy and free to step up after a test spin/trimming flight, you know. Without looking I think I'm around 75 and 30 now.

Actually, I found a spray can of polyurethane clear wheel paint hidden in the garage. VERY tough stuff, it kept my truck rims shiny for years. Feels even more slippery than it was out of the box. Sounds good on the expo settings, how about throws?
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:19 AM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
Actually, I found a spray can of polyurethane clear wheel paint hidden in the garage. VERY tough stuff, it kept my truck rims shiny for years. Feels even more slippery than it was out of the box. Sounds good on the expo settings, how about throws?
Good to hear.told you that the polyurethane would make it more slippery,so you might squeeze and extra mile or 2 out of it
I have 4mm eacway on low rates and 6 mm on high rates.with 30/40% expo
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby lobby F9F Panther EPO Jet Receiver Ready ARF smasher41 Foamy EDFs 942 Today 05:39 PM
Discussion HK AT-6 Texan EPO Plug-n-Fly 29.5" w/s stuart warne Electric Warbirds 12 Jun 14, 2011 02:47 AM
For Sale HK Mini-PITTS -- EPO, Brushless, Plug 'n Fly WRXronald Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 04, 2010 10:03 PM
New Product New HK Mini F-16 EDF Fighter Jet / EPO Plug-n-Fly CrashingDutchman Foamy EDFs 13 Jul 01, 2010 11:15 PM
Discussion HK's EPO F-16 WRXronald Foamy EDFs 5 Apr 11, 2010 02:47 PM