Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Clintstone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:29 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnahamelv View Post
Question for Clintstone. barzaun mentioned that the BEC Pro is (in)famous for high failure rate when connected in 12S mode compared to 6S. Could you comment on this? Thanks.
I already replied to your email...

I have heard of very few failures of the BEC pro V-2...

I run mine on 6s as I like the ability to power up the FBL system first. There is also more out put available on 6s versus 12s... a FBL 700 is a power hog to start with... the servos are very demanding.
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Hi!

I have wired my CC 100A ESC and CC BEC Pro like shown in the diagram in the first post. Yesterday I noticed something strange when I was changing receiver. I finished the setup and noticed that I had forgotten to connect the bulled plug to the negative ESC wire. Still the ESC armed and counted 8S (2x 4S) WITH the negative wire from the ESC disconnected(?!).

Is this normal?

/Johan
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakos View Post
Hi!

I have wired my CC 100A ESC and CC BEC Pro like shown in the diagram in the first post. Yesterday I noticed something strange when I was changing receiver. I finished the setup and noticed that I had forgotten to connect the bulled plug to the negative ESC wire. Still the ESC armed and counted 8S (2x 4S) WITH the negative wire from the ESC disconnected(?!).

Is this normal?

/Johan
Sounds like the way you hooked it up you have a ground loop... I would always hook up the low negative pack first and then hook up the second pack on the positive side ... this will keep you from having this condition when connecting the packs. The purpose for the thread is to allow the CC BEC to be connected to 6s in a 12s setup so the current output will be a little higher than on the 12s setup and the RX power can power up the radio gear prior to the ESC powering up which is helpful for setup...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone