SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2015, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by tkdman1967
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 9cap trainer switch woes

I am having a problem with the trainer switch on my Futaba 9cap. When I pull the switch to put it into trainer mode, the screen goes dead gradually and the power and signal lights start to flash and go dim then power is interupted completely. As soon as I flip the switch back, Power is restored, but it immediately puts me on the first model in my memory. I am trying to use it for Headtracking with Fatshark goggles and noticed after it does it's thing, that my settings for the trainer switch have been reset to default. Any ideas what I need to be looking for? Transmitter works perfectly otherwise.
tkdman1967 is offline Find More Posts by tkdman1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2015, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by Mark Powell
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
2,773 Posts
Probably because you are not using the Futaba trainer socket for the purpose it was designed for. So the 'impedances' are wrong. Or the transmitter is not getting what it 'expects' from your goggles.

So the transmitter thinks something is weird and is protecting itself.

The only good way to find out is to beg/borrow/steal another Futaba transmitter, connect it together in the normal 'teacher - pupil' manner, and see it is works as it is supposed to.

If it does then your goggles ere unsuitable.
Mark Powell is offline Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 05, 2015, 07:21 AM
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Thanks for you reply. I tried a buddy's 9c and it worked perfectly with the goggles. The only difference I noticed is his power light flashed indicating that it was in trainer mode and mine does not. One thing to note is that my transmitter does this with the goggles unplugged too.
Old Apr 06, 2015, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Transmitter was done. I found another 9c transmitter for little to nothing and soldered a new switch in for FPV and life is good. I guess I wore my other transmitter out from all the years of flying.