Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Help!
V911 swash plate guide arm problem & hot tail motor

Hi everyone sorry if this issue has been addressed but there's something I would like go ask about my v911 swash plate if that's ok. I am noticing the guide arm on my swash tends to always be down the bottom of the guide that the swash arm goes thru, and am noticing that when I'm doing right hand turns under throttle that it sticks half way thru the turn. It will do continuous right hand turns when hovering in mid air but sticks on right turning when under forward movement and/or right banking. Left hand turning under any circumstance seems normal. Any idea guys on what issue I am experiencing? Also as mentioned in the title, my tail motor seems too hot / noticing shorter flight times thing, wonder what is going on. It has been mechanically trimmed to counter a left drift, nothing drastic. Thanks brad
Cebos is offline Find More Posts by Cebos
Last edited by Cebos; Mar 03, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Any advice from someone that is familiar with this issue or has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Can someone pls take a look at this for me and advise if it is normal or not that the swash guide arm appears to always rest at the bottom of the slot in the guide which results in right hand turns sticking when also banking to the right.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:43 PM
Owner of many, master of none!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Mar 2013
53 Posts
I'm just a newer V911 flyer, but I checked mine, and the swashplate arm that stays in the vertical guide remains near the bottom of the guide except when banking left. When banking right it goes right to the bottom of the guide I believe.

You might want to pull off the rear tail rotor to see if there are any fibres or hairs tangled there as that might explain the motor heating up and maybe the turning problem?
AlphaZetaCharlie is offline Find More Posts by AlphaZetaCharlie
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Ok will check that again although Iv had the rudder off when lubing it last night and I also tried the spare tail ridder
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Am only getting two and a half mins flight time now just hovering inside with a few simple turns, all this has happ in the last two days, whn I first noticed tail motor was hot I lubed it with a drop of machine oil and for about three flights after I was getting regular flight times and tail motor was cool enough right away to touch on the lip, not now, this bird has not had too much of a life, 3-4 weeks
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Just flew another 2 batteries right now, it's about 4 and a half mins in the air, tail motor is too hot to touch to the lip, and the right hand turning problem happens at the end of a forwards thrust when turning right it sticks and doesn't turn properly, will turn to the right under any circumstance, I can make it on the spot turn right just sticks at the end of a forwards thrudt
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:27 PM
Owner of many, master of none!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Mar 2013
53 Posts
Sounds like you might have a faulty tail motor? Is the machine oil you used a light oil? Do you feel any resistance when turning the rear rotor? I can sort of flick mine with a finger, and it will do a couple of quick spins before coming to a stop. Does yours spin fairly freely?
AlphaZetaCharlie is offline Find More Posts by AlphaZetaCharlie
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:36 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Yeh it is a light oil, and yes I can flick the rear rotor and seems free ie will do 2-3 more turns by itself, Iv had the rotor off a few times (aswell as those 3 small white rings that stops stock rotor from being pushed down and binding - also always checking these aren't pressed and binding against motor) checking for binding / debri everything appears clean. Tail has no problems holding straight when hovering ie. no weird or out of control turning maybe 1 or 2 beeps to electronically trim.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Another couple of flights, can only touch tail motor with fingertips for about 2 seconds too hot, 3 and a half mins to 4mins flight time, I can reproduce the right hand turning problem every time. Fine when just hovering I can spin to the right til my hearts content, when thrusting forwards when releasing forwards thrust it will not spin to the right until its almost settled in the air again, getting frustrating and annoyin, thanks for any help.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 03:02 PM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
V911 upgrade mods

i have 2 V911 , first was RTF and 2nd was BNF . they do bind to any V911 controller and can be run at the same time with one transmitter . The Alloy upgrade works nice , use swash plate and guide arm . The head wont line up with the pins that fit in connecting buckles . They fit crooked making the swash plate not work correctly as seen in the pics here. http://www.banggood.com/WLToys-V911-...-p-910869.html . the tail motor will heat up and over time will give out on turning right when in fast forward motion . i bought extra bundle packs for replacement parts . you cant go wrong buying $20 for 4x the parts compared to a 20$ extra BNF V911 . also the Flybar paddles work better and last longer allowing for more crashes before replacing . http://aidymp.weebly.com/3/post/2013...rade-tips.html. Thank you and enjoy
Zandon is offline Find More Posts by Zandon
Old Mar 01, 2014, 04:05 PM
Joined Feb 2014
70 Posts
Have the same issue with my tail motor, so dropping some oil helps?..
Jaxxx is offline Find More Posts by Jaxxx
Old Mar 02, 2014, 10:01 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2013
445 Posts
Motor overheating issue can be because you do not get any break in between flights and therefore the motor dies faster.

If you noticing shorter flight times suddenly then its the tail motor. check the cables also make sure they aren't damaged and that the motor shaft is not bent.

I guess you just need new motor. Next time make sure you have few minutes break between each flight.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx