HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Discussion
Electric conversion for a scratch built SG2?

Hello all- I have a SuperGee II I built a while back and I would like to do an E conversion with the plane.
Is there somewhere to get an ideal of how to optimize a motor/controller/battery combination for the plane?

Currently the AUW is 10.5 oz

I would like to use a outrunner with a fold back prop.
I don't mind spending a bit of cash to buy quality gear for the plane. I am not looking to set up a hot rod, just have a motor prop combination to 'relaunch' to height for another glide. I have spend my entire rc career tossing gliders and have really no ideal of where to start with these electric issues.

Thanks
trbnt is offline Find More Posts by trbnt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
OK- maybe the plane is too obscure to ellicit a response.
Basically this is a 60" DLG and the information on the plane can be found here:

http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articl...SuperGeeII.htm

What I will do is cut the nose to install a motor and spinner.
What I am looking for is information on how to appropriately size the motor/controller/battery.
In sizing the motor I mean getting a motor size which is appropriate for the size/weight/performance of this glider.

Thanks all
trbnt is offline Find More Posts by trbnt