HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I have only used GS in static mode, i.e., DataLink connected to the WKM via my computer and GS. I was able to locate my Quad with GS within a few feet. I have not noticed any change in the LED's on my WKM Quad. They act/react the same way that they did under transmitter control. How are yours different? I am hoping that I will have the quad parts needed to be able to flight test the One Click by this weekend.
I think he is refering to the LED flashing during auto take-off and auto landing
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:18 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Ed, were you looking for this photo I posted a week ago?
This is GS mounted on my 404.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7176
Thanks Sidney! That is a lot of electronics in a small space. However, I claim foul. The antenna leads for the DataLink are isolated from the transmitter and therefor not eligible for inclusion. Good try. I guess I shouldn't have any issues with my F450/WKM/DataLink. I may add one additional plate on top because I need room for my FPV gear you know.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:21 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
I think he is refering to the LED flashing during auto take-off and auto landing
Thanks, I will be there shortly. But I am not sure why this was an issue for him.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:31 AM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Värmdö
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Hello all. Hope everyone had a good New Year

Are they someone who tried to run on 6s?
I have a heavy lift hexa with avroto and turnigy plush 40 and I have some 6s5000mah to an old T-rex 550th. Do you think they are worth and test? now running dual 4s5000 and its flying wary well.Thanks for the advice
Fredde
Tokaz is offline Find More Posts by Tokaz
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokaz View Post
Hello all. Hope everyone had a good New Year

Are they someone who tried to run on 6s?
I have a heavy lift hexa with avroto and turnigy plush 40 and I have some 6s5000mah to an old T-rex 550th. Do you think they are worth and test? now running dual 4s5000 and its flying wary well.Thanks for the advice
Fredde
Hi tokaz,

I was just thinking along the same lines...though I havent flown my HL Hex yet im hoping to get her airbourne later this week.
Could you give me some details on your set up...ie all up weight, props, motors.
mine is a DW Hex with axi 2826-12 on 14x4.7 props and all up wight is around 6200 (with camera, av200 with 360pan and seperate camera and vtx)
Ive heard that WKM doesnt like big props so ive just looked on ecalc and it looks as though id be better with maybe 5S rather than the 4s I have waiting to try and reducing my prop size to 12x3.8??
And finally I was wondering if anyone has ever flown there multicopters whilst on 35mhz for tx/rx and on 4s batteries because ive heard you can get interferance on 4s (thought this was on their plane) .... im flying my quad with 3s and 35mhz no problems but thinking of trying out 4s tomorrow when I get home.
Please let me know your thoughts
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:49 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Did you try to recal the compass again? The calibration procedure for the WKM is the old MK cal procedure. The MK cal now uses magnetic north and you just tumble the multi rotor through north and south. I'm no expert but I was told the magnetic north cal is a proper one and the old way was not as effective.

I just finished my WKM install. I just need to do a compass calibration and then a test flight. When setting rx failsafe, I set throttle to mid position. Is this the right place to have throttle for FS?
Thanks, I tried recalibrating but it still wanted to yaw left, so I did the calibration again out at the field it it seems to work now with a small amount of apposite trim.

P.S. My FS throttle is just under half, about 46%.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,692 Posts
Hi

First serious flying with my W-K controller.
Mostly for fun and gimbal test...

quadcopter fun flying 2012-01-02 (3 min 19 sec)

Jakub
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
1) You cannot buy Single Waypoint directly from DJI, only WKM.
2) PayPal fee is not paid by customer.
3) Name the dealer and tech support contact person, I know all of them
4) Yes, I am using one.
1. I am in Pakistan so there is no dealer for here so I bought directly from DJI
2.I paid paypal to DJI directly so they charged me 4% extra.
3.I shall not name the dealer as its my personal discussion
4.Now I want to test a hexa. I had installed the wookong M with GCS on a Quad. Hexa is a new machine. How do you expect me to start the new machine and then tune it when GCS starts the motors and take the hexa to hover at 5 meters and I am just looking at it helplessly.
So all I am saying that there should be a way to revert back

I want to go back to the mode where I was not using the GCS so that I can test/tune my new machines before handing over the machines to GCS. This is now no more possible. If you know it please help me I shall be very thankful
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:51 AM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
Pretty easy. Use the End Point to set the 3 position switch, make sure the slider bar in the software moves to the right place. Their manual explains very detailed.
Thanks Shoryuken but... did you really do it in one 6EX?
I'm affraid the Futaba 6EX does not have any 3 position switch.

Anybody has configured one of this TX to fly WK-M please?

Jo
jovito is offline Find More Posts by jovito
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:59 AM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyPL...ature=youtu.be

Jakub
Yeah!!
jovito is offline Find More Posts by jovito
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:20 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq_niaZ View Post
1. I am in Pakistan so there is no dealer for here so I bought directly from DJI
2.I paid paypal to DJI directly so they charged me 4% extra.
3.I shall not name the dealer as its my personal discussion
Wait what? You bought directly from DJI but you don't want to name the dealer you bought your WKM from?
I bought stuff directly from DJI before and I didn't recall I had to pay the paypal fee.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:20 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyPL...ature=youtu.be

Jakub
Looking good!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:22 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Hello

I am newly looking into DJI’s controller product and a bit scared at the 500 pages thread reading.
I need a very stable controller for a large octo to fly advanced photo gear like 5D mk2 plus heavy lens.

DJI seems to have the performance and the simplicity, for quite a high price (I read the timecop review).
But I also read they are not so good for large octos, plus customer service answer seems quite challenged here.
I see many advanced users are already selling theirs in this forum too.

If there anyone doing advanced AP can confirm if DJI is the proper way to go for a large craft – or not ?

Thanks guys !

Alain
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:25 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,952 Posts
Farroq:

I ordered direct from DJI and paid with my PayPal account. I just checked and I paid no 4% premium for using PayPal. As far as testing the hexa, set up in Assistant and go fly it with your transmitter. Get it tuned and then open GS and fly with Click and Go. I am sorry but something does not add up in this post.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainphoto View Post
Hello

I am newly looking into DJI’s controller product and a bit scared at the 500 pages thread reading.
I need a very stable controller for a large octo to fly advanced photo gear like 5D mk2 plus heavy lens.

DJI seems to have the performance and the simplicity, for quite a high price (I read the timecop review).
But I also read they are not so good for large octos, plus customer service answer seems quite challenged here.
I see many advanced users are already selling theirs in this forum too.

If there anyone doing advanced AP can confirm if DJI is the proper way to go for a large craft – or not ?

Thanks guys !

Alain
Alain, I just saw the thread you started. Seems like a fascinating endeavor, stills with shallow dof from the air. But seems pretty complicated and precarious.
I just shot this the other day and stuff like this is easy with the dji. Gps hold, frame, shoot:

But I would definitely want about 2 meters up or down Surrounding my rig to work with for safety. More if I was a new pilot.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22