New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2015, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by ArrUnTuS
Joined Dec 2014
31 Posts
Hi

the canopy is the worst enemy that our birds, it is best to remove it ASAP. It goes very well indoors, very protective, but the external becomes Quadcopter in a sail. Collect all the air and send it to where it want.

I learned the lesson at 2 minutes, was new. It was lifted by the wind and found two months later. only broken the battery.

indoors yes, outdoors better think 2 times.
ArrUnTuS is offline Find More Posts by ArrUnTuS
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by SacRotor
Pete R
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
15 Posts
Stand down wind

After too many similar experiences I now stay down wind. I don't like the wind in my face but the wind brings my bird back to me.
SacRotor is offline Find More Posts by SacRotor
Old Today, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by pipejaramillo
Joined Jul 2015
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Hayes View Post
Today I learned a lesson.
I was flying on a unknown location, even i felt it was to windy. My V262 was taken by the wind draged a little behind a small hill, and towards a tree so i decied to ease of the throttle, and then it disapeared behind the hill, I turned it of quickly and ran to see there it was. I was lucky and found it easyly in good condition, but very close to a pool of rain water.

So I guess the lesson of today must be, do some terrain orientation before flying in unknown places
I think it was a big scare!!!
I have a V303 and at a time when I lost control, fell just, over a little bucket of water. There was no damage because a second before, I shut down the engines. Now I understand why my drone is called "Seeker"... It seems that the drones like seek the water
pipejaramillo is online now Find More Posts by pipejaramillo