New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by derk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by derk
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,584 Posts
Rant
tell me whats wrong with this picture

i came across these videos by chance, and could not believe that people would do this:
The illegitimate way to charge your cell phone (do not try on iphone) (1 min 53 sec)

how to charge your phone with ANY USB cable and your computer (6 min 38 sec)

a total of nearly 1 million people have viewed these 2 videos. thousands have tried it to some degree, and the second video tries to scare people off from warning about how dangerous this really is so he can get more views!

please tell me i am not the only guy wanting to see such misinformation removed and or corrected?
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,852 Posts
So you post it here to heelp them get more views?

IMO has zero to do with RC so.......................

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by AndyOne
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,667 Posts
The difference between batteries for the R/C hobby and a phone battery is that the phone battery has a built-in protection circuit to prevent people like this guy from burning his home down and suing the phone manufacturer. Hobby batteries have no protection, if they did they would be close to useless. It's not nearly as bad as it looks, sure the battery won't perform as well but this is because it won't reach full charge before the protection cuts off the charging current.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Lone Star Flyer
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
So you post it here to heelp them get more views?

IMO has zero to do with RC so.......................
Charles
Hardly any post in this thread has anything to do with RC. That's why it's called "Off Topic".
Arkitexas is offline Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by derk
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitexas View Post
Hardly any post in this thread has anything to do with RC. That's why it's called "Off Topic".
he said that right before this thread was moved from the batteries and chargers forum.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk