HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
Question
~Flue Tank's~

Good day, Question. Doe's some one know where I can find some INFO to how long, That I can run my engine.. I have a 4oz. And a 6oz. Flue tanks.. 40 Engine & 90 Engine

Or should I just fill the flue tank's, and run the flue threw the engine. And time it my self??

Thank you for your time..

~Thomas~
RCLud is offline Find More Posts by RCLud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
608 Posts
I would just fill it and run it and see. I would guess with those size engines and that small of a tank, you aren't going to get stellar run times. I know my 40 size plane get's around 10 minutes out of 5.5 oz. I have an 11 oz tank in that plane and usually land around 15 minutes or so. I would guess that .90 is going to have more than twice the consumption of the 40. 4 and 6 oz tanks are more suited to .10 and .25 size engines. Probably a bit small for a .40 and a .90.
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
I would just fill it and run it and see. I would guess with those size engines and that small of a tank, you aren't going to get stellar run times. I know my 40 size plane get's around 10 minutes out of 5.5 oz. I have an 11 oz tank in that plane and usually land around 15 minutes or so. I would guess that .90 is going to have more than twice the consumption of the 40. 4 and 6 oz tanks are more suited to .10 and .25 size engines. Probably a bit small for a .40 and a .90.
Thank's for your response.. You are right a little small tank's... But i did put the largest that would fit.... OK great thank's..

~Thomas~
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:52 PM
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,214 Posts
Its hard to say it depends on how you fly. full throttle dosent last as long as 1/2 throttle. a lean mixture will last longer than a rich one. everything is a trade off
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Jul 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech05 View Post
Its hard to say it depends on how you fly. full throttle dosent last as long as 1/2 throttle. a lean mixture will last longer than a rich one. everything is a trade off
Thank you my friend... have a good evening..

~Thomas~
Old Jul 30, 2013, 07:08 AM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,664 Posts
My Twinstar runs 4oz tanks, it originally had os .25fp's in it and got 10 minute flights with about 2 minutes reserve. I put in some TT.36's and got 8 minute flights with a little less than a minute reserve. I have a buddy that has run OS .40 FP in his and gets a tad less than I do, I think he sets his timer for 7 minutes. You need minimum 14oz for that .90 for a 10 minute flight. I usually put in a 16oz tank to have about 20% leftover in the tank.
Edwin
edwin1 is offline Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:54 AM
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1 View Post
My Twinstar runs 4oz tanks, it originally had os .25fp's in it and got 10 minute flights with about 2 minutes reserve. I put in some TT.36's and got 8 minute flights with a little less than a minute reserve. I have a buddy that has run OS .40 FP in his and gets a tad less than I do, I think he sets his timer for 7 minutes. You need minimum 14oz for that .90 for a 10 minute flight. I usually put in a 16oz tank to have about 20% leftover in the tank.
Edwin
Thanks Edwin; for the great INFO..

~Thomas~