HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:42 PM
Joined Jul 2014
144 Posts
Hi. I'm trying to make a inrunner, not rewind one, and I don't know where I could find parts.
Finding a shaft is easy enough and I've got people writing me from the other side of the world trying to sell me one. And magnets and wire is easy enough to come by, but a stator that's 23cm by 5cm I can't come by. Any advice ? Maybe I could make one?
Hummina is offline Find More Posts by Hummina
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2014, 08:09 PM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
Raw materials can be purchased online. Most of the suppliers will be in china. You can have rotors and stators built to you spec and size dimensions but usually require a min order which is always more than one piece. It would be much easier to rewind an outrunner or see if one of the Inrunner manufacturers will supply you a raw stack and go from there. I dont really see the poing in machining one from the ground up unless you have laid all the groundwork for a motor made from superior materials which isnt going to be like talking about it with the better motors like NEU , Lehner, Scorpion, Plettenburg etc. These guys have done their homework and it isnt the kind of homework that just anyone would be up to.

Hugh
Xfactor940 is offline Find More Posts by Xfactor940