HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rowdyjoe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:12 PM
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,255 Posts
Alert
Howdy thunderbirds

Welcome to our new forum here on RC Groups. Our old forum died and couldn't be resuscitated so, the club officers decided to open a forum here. RC Groups was kind enough to provide the space for us and we really appreciate it.

Please feel free to treat this area as you did our former forum attached to the club website. Same rules apply ....keep it clean and on topic. I'd like to see the same threads here that we had before as I think it was well laid out.

Also feel free to post pictures and videos for those of us who have trouble reading. Seriously, this is a good venue for posting visual aids.

Questions and concerns about the forum should be addressed to the moderator ...me.

Please make use of and enjoy our new forum home.

I can't remember all of the headings we had in the old forum so, if you see a need for a new thread topic please let me know.

Event and contest coverage will he highlighted in yellow in the appropriate thread.

Sincerely,
Garry
rowdyjoe is offline Find More Posts by rowdyjoe
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Aug 08, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added info
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,255 Posts
Tbirds Web Site Link

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/

Please visit our web site to see the calendar and other club related information.

GUEST PILOTS:
We welcome guests at our field and are happy to have you fly with us. Please keep in mind however, that ALL pilots MUST have proof of AMA membership on your person if you want to fly. Proof of AMA membership is the responsibility of each pilot. Place your AMA card in the appropriate slot on the frequency board, read, and follow the rules posted at the field. AMA safety rules apply at all times and may or may not be repeated on the list of rules posted at the field. If you are an AMA member, you are expected to know and follow those rules.

The only exception to the AMA membership requirement is student pilots flying under the direct supervision of a Thunderbird club Instructor.

RJ
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Sep 06, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added info
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:37 PM
spinn
fort worth, tx.
Joined Jul 2009
4 Posts
Hello Garry,
Like what your doing with the web page,But what happends if you reduce the px count to 900 or 1000?
Does it affect somthing eles?

Got my SU-31 nitro sold for 600.00, doing a little touch up before I give it to him.
spinn is offline Find More Posts by spinn
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:52 PM
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,255 Posts
Hey Spinn,
I'm not doing the web page but, I like it too. I'm not sure who is doing that. Maybe Ed Furch?
I started the new forum here on Groups and volunteered to be the moderator.

Garry
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
Guys the web page

Is being handled by our fearless leader& President Ken Knotts definately feel free to post any thoughts on making it batter as it is a group effort & is under construction & getting sorted as fast as possible, there is a bit of learning curve on kens part but he has put forth the effort & is doing a great job so far.
bear with us as it gets up to our old speed. thanks Garry for the forum help.
cadmn is offline Find More Posts by cadmn
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Thunderbird contact

Hello, I live in Burleson Tx and was wanting info on how to contact anyone at the field. I want to know what times that I can bring my planes and fly since I only have limited time to fly. Do I have to have a membership there or can I pay a daily charge (simply cuz I fly when I can). I have 2 planes. One is a p51 hangar 9 40 size (nitro), and a electric dynam t28 1250mm. I would appreciate any info and would seriously love to see what u guys have to offer since I am a airplane junky.
Ballisticfreak is offline Find More Posts by Ballisticfreak
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
BallisticPeople are usually out on any pretty afternoon. You are welcome as long as You have your AMA card The bennifits of Joining the club is you will get a key to the gate at the field so you may actually drive up to the shelter any time you choose we have many that hit the field on they're way home from a day at the office for some stick/ relaxation time. We have a field I am very proud of & believe to be the premier any where in the area.the corp charges $3.00 per car to come into the park as a member that fee is waived. we will be holding a big competition in march & the field will be closed some between the 14-16?you should come out that Saturday & enjoy some of the competition we will have going on the events page of the web site has that info . www.fwthunderbirds.org/events. Be sure & ask for Gene if you come out. I enjoy meeting new fliers fridays from 8Am till about 11Am the field is usually closed for Maintenance depending on the needs of the field, sometimes we even stop so some flying can be done by visitors
cadmn is offline Find More Posts by cadmn
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:42 AM
United States, TX, Lake Worth
Joined Jun 2008
72 Posts
Is there electricity for recharging at the field?
willfly4food84 is offline Find More Posts by willfly4food84
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
scaleguy
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
web site

Someone thought I was the new webmaster. I volunteered to maintain the old one, but Joe and Ken wanted to overhaul it and my techs can't spend that much time on a non-company project. So they are doing it.

Ed
edfurche is offline Find More Posts by edfurche
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
scaleguy
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
User names on RC groups

It would really be nice if we knew who the person was, rather than "Rowdyjoe".
my userid is edfurche...wish we could all do something similar., but probably not going to happen.
edfurche is offline Find More Posts by edfurche
Old Mar 24, 2013, 03:30 PM
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfly4food84 View Post
is there electricity for recharging at the field?
yes
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, TX, Lake Worth
Joined Jun 2008
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyjoe View Post
yes
Great thank you!!!
willfly4food84 is offline Find More Posts by willfly4food84
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:01 PM
United States, TX, Crowley
Joined Apr 2007
7 Posts
Need a separate login account for TBirds forum?

Rowdy

Snazzy forum!

I already have a RCGroups ID (RFK1381), so I wonder if we need another separate ID for post/reply using this TBirds forum as we did for our former TBirds forum? Is this an open forum for anyone (i.e., not only TBird members) to post/reply? Just checking...

Ron Kosar (RFK1381)
rfk1381 is offline Find More Posts by rfk1381
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:06 PM
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,255 Posts
Hey Ron,
Good to hear from you.
Access is not restricted on this forum. Just like all of the other forums on Groups, you have to be signed in to be able to post.
All I ask is that you check the thread titles and find one related to your topic rather than creating a new one.

Enjoy,
RJ
(aka Garry)
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:50 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,569 Posts
Rowdy, good job and thanks for getting this going. I have been overwhelemed with work and SAE, but now am getting a breather and will have time to visit and contribute in here once in a while.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel