HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
What tx are you using? As long as its not a 7E id recommend going for a master cp, and then when you get the feel for it consider a 450 or 500.

If your flying with a 7E you might as well go grab a rtf trex kit. Or swap out that 7E for a devo 10 or 7.
I am using a the devo 6s (really easy to use) and hear you can just use the same flight settings of the Mini CP for the Master CP.

I think the majority of people are saying go the Master CP......Thanks for your input
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
I am looking at getting sum aftermarket batteries for the Master CP....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Is this the right plug ? or does it have to be changed?

Any other battery suggestions?

Many thanks !!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:32 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post

Many thanks !!!!!!!!!
You'll need to change the plug on the master cp to one of these, but it's well worth the small amount of effort in the long run as those turnigy nanotech batteries are good.
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Last edited by brad1601; Feb 02, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1601 View Post
You'll need to change the plug on the master cp to one of these, but it's well worth the small amount of effort in the long run as those turnigy nanotech batteries are good.
Cheers!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
test
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:32 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
What do you guys see as far as the future for factory and vendor support of the Master CP?

Some sites don't carry it and some do not carry parts. Not the majority but still it seems if a heli is not on the list it is more often the Master CP.
My guess is by the fall of 2013, a new model will be released, probably an upgraded, more expensive model. There is a pretty big market for 250 size helis and one that flies out of the box and does not require many upgrades would be popular.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:38 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post

Many thanks !!!!!!!!!
I made this.

gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,210 Posts
Hi Folks,

Can you confirm the Master CP and V400D02 use the same "ESC"?

When I replace the RX on my V400D02 with the Master CP RX (after reversing all 3 servos), my D02 did not seem to have enough power to take off in spite of playing with the pitch curve.

To my understanding, master CP and V400D02 use the same motors. I wonder if we need a different ESC to match the RX.

I cannot set throttle to higher than 100% on my Devo 7 Tx.

It is rather unlikely that the master CP RX has scaled down the throttle because the master is smaller and lighter than V400.

My batteries were a bit weak idling through the cold winter... I am recharging them to see if it helps. The master CP RX does have a tigher power check than the original V400 RX.

Thanks.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:26 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Stability

Hi people's!

I converted my m.cp to hitec servos right off the bat. When doing clockwise circuits, I find that it has a tendency to dip forward, and when corrected can be very very sensitive.

In addition (and I don't know if its related) when doing half loops (to get inverted, for example), it has a tendency to want to accelerate 2/3rds the way through. Such that you have to be very careful to back off your elevator before getting fully inverted, which is very different to other helis I've flown (v120d02s and gaui x2). It's like ele gain goes up as the heli approaches being inverted.

Anyone else experienced the same "irregular" flying feeling?

I'm wondering if perhaps the servos are quicker than the standard ones, and wondering if the gyro doesn't cope as a result. I've tried mild changes to gain, with not very much in the way of effect...

Ideas?
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:13 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
hitec 5055s twitching

Hi,

First of all I'm new to CP helis, but have clocked in decent flight time with FP helis and quadrotors. This is my first post here as you can tell, but I have been following this thread for a long time since getting my Master CP. It is with much thanks to this thread that I have learnt a lot from you folks here.

Ok, to my question...

I too swapped out to Hitec servos early on.

Reversed the servos using the HFP-21 programmer, did my best to reset the swashplate et al.

Problem is, right after that, I now have a weird behavior that effectively grounds my Master CP.

With the motors disconnected, while holding and tilting the heli in my hand and setting 50-70% throttle, the gyro will cause the servos to attempt to correct and level the heli - as it should, I suppose. However, the Hitec servos will not completely do so, and the best way I can describe this is that they end up 'twitching' its way to their gyro-set positions.

Pushing the cyclic stick around gives me the same results... the servos twitch their way to the commanded positions, but never quite get there and stay in that 'spasming-chicken' mode.

Setting the gyro gain on my Devo 7 Tx to less than 50 (aux2 knob < 12 o'clock) eliminates the twitch, but also does away with the gyro stabilisation corrections. That didn't turn out well at all, when I tried a low hover with no gyro stabilisation...

At first i thought my ESC burnt out one of the 7805 voltage regulators burnt in a crispy patch off the heat shrink shield of the ESC but changing the ESC didn't do the trick; the same spasming-chicken servo behavior.

Before I put in an order for a new Rx, can any kind soul here share any advice as to whether my Rx has gone toast, or is it simply a case of bad Tx settings?

@scornflake, do you have your Hitecs acting the same way too? I've never had much success ever since I did the 'upgrade'.

(Still waiting for my metal gear walkera servos to troubleshoot this... I wonder if it's just because the Hitecs simply don't work well with the Walkera Rx. Fixed ID is not working for me ever since I installed my 5055s, too)

Best regards
chuank is offline Find More Posts by chuank
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:17 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuank View Post
Hi,

First of all I'm new to CP helis, but have clocked in decent flight time with FP helis and quadrotors. This is my first post here as you can tell, but I have been following this thread for a long time since getting my Master CP. It is with much thanks to this thread that I have learnt a lot from you folks here.

Ok, to my question...

I too swapped out to Hitec servos early on.

Reversed the servos using the HFP-21 programmer, did my best to reset the swashplate et al.

Problem is, right after that, I now have a weird behavior that effectively grounds my Master CP.

With the motors disconnected, while holding and tilting the heli in my hand and setting 50-70% throttle, the gyro will cause the servos to attempt to correct and level the heli - as it should, I suppose. However, the Hitec servos will not completely do so, and the best way I can describe this is that they end up 'twitching' its way to their gyro-set positions.

Pushing the cyclic stick around gives me the same results... the servos twitch their way to the commanded positions, but never quite get there and stay in that 'spasming-chicken' mode.

Setting the gyro gain on my Devo 7 Tx to less than 50 (aux2 knob < 12 o'clock) eliminates the twitch, but also does away with the gyro stabilisation corrections. That didn't turn out well at all, when I tried a low hover with no gyro stabilisation...

At first i thought my ESC burnt out one of the 7805 voltage regulators burnt in a crispy patch off the heat shrink shield of the ESC but changing the ESC didn't do the trick; the same spasming-chicken servo behavior.

Before I put in an order for a new Rx, can any kind soul here share any advice as to whether my Rx has gone toast, or is it simply a case of bad Tx settings?

@scornflake, do you have your Hitecs acting the same way too? I've never had much success ever since I did the 'upgrade'.

(Still waiting for my metal gear walkera servos to troubleshoot this... I wonder if it's just because the Hitecs simply don't work well with the Walkera Rx. Fixed ID is not working for me ever since I installed my 5055s, too)

Best regards
The TX gyro setting is only used to set the tail gyro function as well as turning off the ELV/AIL gyro when at 50% or lower. The pot on the RX is where you set servo gain. Try adjusting that.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:21 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Hi Folks,

Can you confirm the Master CP and V400D02 use the same "ESC"?

When I replace the RX on my V400D02 with the Master CP RX (after reversing all 3 servos), my D02 did not seem to have enough power to take off in spite of playing with the pitch curve.

To my understanding, master CP and V400D02 use the same motors. I wonder if we need a different ESC to match the RX.

I cannot set throttle to higher than 100% on my Devo 7 Tx.

It is rather unlikely that the master CP RX has scaled down the throttle because the master is smaller and lighter than V400.

My batteries were a bit weak idling through the cold winter... I am recharging them to see if it helps. The master CP RX does have a tigher power check than the original V400 RX.

Thanks.
I can't confirm what the differences are, but I am positive they are not the same.
I have signal converters for both helis and they are different and the difference is the throttle output signal. Several tried the converter from the V400 on the master and had throttle range issues.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:47 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuank View Post
Hi,

Nope. I set mine (HS-5055M) in the programmer (reversed, set centre of each using a home made angle gauge), fitted, and they worked just fine.

I can move the swash plate with no issues. Fixed ID doesn't work for me either. I may be tempted to re-fit the plastic standard servos... heck, I've enough parts I could prob build a 2nd heli even! Might even be tempted, for kicks. Ponder ponder...
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:31 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,873 Posts
Hrm, is there a metal swash upgrade for the master?
Id love to get rid of the slop i have in mine, its producing some wierd behavior when i fly with Alzrc blades because of the faster blade response (it does small twitches in the air, whenever the load direction on the swash is changed).
With the stock blades its nowhere near because of the heavier blades and slower response, but its still present.

Then again i might just go for a proper 450 kit for the summer instead, would need a new tx for that though :<.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scornflake View Post
Hi people's!

I converted my m.cp to hitec servos right off the bat. When doing clockwise circuits, I find that it has a tendency to dip forward, and when corrected can be very very sensitive.

In addition (and I don't know if its related) when doing half loops (to get inverted, for example), it has a tendency to want to accelerate 2/3rds the way through. Such that you have to be very careful to back off your elevator before getting fully inverted, which is very different to other helis I've flown (v120d02s and gaui x2). It's like ele gain goes up as the heli approaches being inverted.

Anyone else experienced the same "irregular" flying feeling?

I'm wondering if perhaps the servos are quicker than the standard ones, and wondering if the gyro doesn't cope as a result. I've tried mild changes to gain, with not very much in the way of effect...

Ideas?
The acceleration you described is quite well known. I find it quite difficult to stabilize the heli after a half flip or roll. The weight of the heli may also be a contributing factor.

What I found is that it has a tendency to pitch backwards rather than forwards during a turn. This could be that the accelerometers are compensating. I think this is what Xermalk found as well.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw