HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2014, 05:36 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Welcome to RCG. You are right about the IR remote control. It won't be useful in other application.

In theory, there are tons of these remotes around. Because people typically break the helicopter and not the remote. However, I haven't seen them for sale??? I guess people are not too kin on the hassle of selling the remote for a few bucks.

If you stick around here long enough, you just might get an offer. Otherwise, you could place an order for it here. Or, consider buying a whole new S107. Then you'll have one remote and two helicopters. Not a bad place to be.

How is it broken? Can it be repaired?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2010
245 Posts
Where is a dealer where I can get a s107 that is as good as they were a few years ago. I see them listed on amazon at a reasonable price, but there is usually a lot of negative reviews. Is amazon an ok place to get one. I'm a youth counselor and I have used these for years to teach kids to fly. I even taught a 5 yr. old. The ones I have are about 4-5 yrs. old and need to be replaced. Thanks.
bostomper is offline Find More Posts by bostomper
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Amazon sells many varieties of Syma S107G. Most of them are genuine S107G, some are rebrands, and some are... I don't know what they are. And for each of these models, sometimes over a hundred sellers are listed. Amazon used to have smaller number of sellers. But lately, you get all kinds of them. Some are legit toy companies. Others could be individuals that has is selling their one helicopter that they got from last Christmas or something. So, it is very hard to say.

My advice to you: Pick the SYMA S107G that you are interested in. Choose Amazon Prime if possible. Try to avoid doubtful sellers with one to sell. Stay with seller that has lots of positive reviews. Post your link here, and we'll try to review it with you before you buy.
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patou335 View Post
I received my helicopter yesterday and it worked for about 30 second after that, everytime i charge the helicopter and open it the helicopter works for about 10 seconds and doesnt want to connect to transmitter then power off. i need help!!! thanks! note***** the battery is charged properly i own another one i cahrge it the same way without problem. thanks again!
Did you use the same TX for both helis?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
245 Posts
thanks heli pad--that was helpful--Bo
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Joined Aug 2010
245 Posts
WOW heli pad--I just read some of your blogs--great info and well done w/pics. 2thumbs up!!--Bo
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Thank you, Bo. If you think my blogs were helpful, trying looking around this forum for "Heli Pad Review Series". You might like that, too. But the reason that I subscribe to this thread is because my hobby started right here - with the S107. I get to learn about the S107 quite intimately and decided that I should give something back to this community right here. I started blogging and then I started the Heli Pad Review Series.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc..._%20Heli%20Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.